2252 won't take .050 bar and chain..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fluke has been working for years with all my husqvarna and jonsered saws and now my new 2252 won't take it.

So the NK bar must be thinner than the standard bar (outside dimension, not the width of the groove) and the tolerances of the clutch/side cover on the 2252 must be tighter than on the other saws.

You mentioned that the spacers caused an oil leak - did they allow the chain to rotate freely? Can you see if the chain is binding more on the powerhead or cover side? You might be able to make up more elaborate spacers to address the oil holes, or Dremel some material off the cover for chain clearance, but probably easier to just match the bar and chain.

Philbert

It is a bar and chain combination that is not supposed to go together, plain and simple. Yes there are some saws that will have enough clearance to allow it to work, but it should not be so hard to understand when it does not. :rolleyes: We can analyse this in great detail until the cows come home. Just put a correctly matched chain and bar combo on the saw, problem solved. ;)

So the NK bar must be thinner than the standard bar (outside dimension, not the width of the groove) and the tolerances of the clutch/side cover on the 2252 must be tighter than on the other saws.

You mentioned that the spacers caused an oil leak - did they allow the chain to rotate freely? Can you see if the chain is binding more on the powerhead or cover side? You might be able to make up more elaborate spacers to address the oil holes, or Dremel some material off the cover for chain clearance, but probably easier to just match the bar and chain.

Philbert,
Yes the chain rotates freely but the open gap allows oil to leak. It binds more on the powerhead. As you said it's wiser to match the bar and chains ! Thanks for your input.

I will go to my dealer and get some NK chains. I like to shave off some weight when limbing and the small 15inch NK bar is perfect for that. Originally I wanted to get the 2253 WH but they are not sold in Canada at this time, so I got the 550XPG,
and then this deal came up for the 2252, I couldn't resist. I'm surprised how powerful it is compared to the 550XPG. It lacks revboost but seems to have a smoother powerband. I can feel the difference in power at the high end, this 550XPG screams !
Thanks to all for the info !
Bruno.

I will go to my dealer and get some NK chains. I like to shave off some weight when limbing and the small 15inch NK bar is perfect for that. Originally I wanted to get the 2253 WH but they are not sold in Canada at this time, so I got the 550XPG,
and then this deal came up for the 2252, I couldn't resist. I'm surprised how powerful it is compared to the 550XPG. It lacks revboost but seems to have a smoother powerband. I can feel the difference in power at the high end, this 550XPG screams ! Thanks to all for the info ! Bruno.

I should not have bought my 2252 either, but like you i could not resist the great deal i got from a member here in the trading post. I am really liking my 2252. I cannot tell the difference much at all between it and my 346XP NE. 2252 is a very smooth saw, fantastic AV, and great power band for the weight of the saw. The AT saws i have seem to hold their revs better when buried than my other saws or similar size.

I am getting a ported 550XP however soon from Terry so i might have another favourite saw to take it's place soon!

Anybody from Canada have ordered from south of the border ? xchange rate + shipping + Customs fees + GST + PST+ Canada Post handling fee ...
Who knows, may be it's cheaper to buy stuff from Norway !

Anybody from Canada have ordered from south of the border ? xchange rate + shipping + Customs fees + GST + PST+ Canada Post handling fee ...

:laugh::laugh: I can assure you it isn't - price and the postage would both be much more expensive than from the US.

Well I figure if you order from the U.S. just double the price and your pretty close to what it costs at your door!!!
Gas is worse!!!
BBB

I don't get the shipping to Canada thing - it should be easier, and less expensive. Chinese companies on eBay ship stuff to the US for free, and it arrives in a few days.

I know a couple of companies that have set up separate operations on either side of the border to address this. Maybe it is easier with wholesale shipments, or in bulk?

Philbert

I don't get the shipping to Canada thing - it should be easier, and less expensive. Chinese companies on eBay ship stuff to the US for free, and it arrives in a few days.

I know a couple of companies that have set up separate operations on either side of the border to address this. Maybe it is easier with wholesale shipments, or in bulk?

Philbert
Philbert,
The cost of shipping from the US to Canada is very high, much more than offshore. The Chinese companies know this.
I do everything I can to buy North America. Retailers have started advertising made in NA which is a good thing.

Bruno.

The cost of shipping from the US to Canada is very high, much more than offshore.

I have experienced this. I just don't understand it.

I come from a time (and place) were people used to cross the border to buy cigarettes, or because gas was cheaper. Now you need passports. Almost like another country!

Philbert

Just one idea I got tonight. I works as industrial painter, thought I'd try out one 150 micron layer of epoxy paint on each side of the bar attached.
Hope it open up the possibility for NK sword in combination with 23RS chain on my 2253.

Latest posts

Back