2260 felling spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since tilton equip co,,stop carrying oly wayyy some time back, and they only deal with johnnys, ive heard nothing real good about them... they used to be top notch.....

Ok you say tilton quit carrying oly, and they only deal with johnnys - I can see how this is confusing and I think SawTroll was just trying to clear it up based on his understanding.........

Waylan

Ok you say tilton quit carrying oly, and they only deal with johnnys - I can see how this is confusing and I think SawTroll was just trying to clear it up based on his understanding.........

Waylan
maybe....................the only thing is,,hes overseas,,and knows ZERO of tilton,,except what hes read..........I was a dealer with them...

maybe....................the only thing is,,hes overseas,,and knows ZERO of tilton,,except what hes read..........I was a dealer with them...

So is your post accurate? Tilton is still a distributor for Jonsered?

Being a dealer or employee of a company doesn't automatically put someone in the know IMHO.

Waylan

Being a dealer or employee of a company doesn't automatically put someone in the know IMHO.

Waylan

Right - and it must have been a while ago - as I said, Tilton is no longer a Jonsered distributer.

...and no, I don't know Zero about Tilton, but of course I have no personal experience with them. That isn't the point though, the facts are.

Right - and it must have been a while ago - as I said, Tilton is no longer a Jonsered distributer.

...and no, I don't know Zero about Tilton, but of course I have no personal experience with them. That isn't the point though, the facts are.
if if yours aren't accurate..............buwhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahaaaa

Waylan
you cant read either??? I said,,i WAS a dealer for them..and I SAID, they used to be wayyy good.....when they dropped olympyk,,I was out,,and now,,i go by those,,that are both oly and johhny dealers,,to inform me...

you cant read either??? I said,,i WAS a dealer for them..and I SAID, they used to be wayyy good.....when they dropped olympyk,,I was out,,and now,,i go by those,,that are both oly and johhny dealers,,to inform me...

It looks like you are bitter for some reason, and I'm sorry about that - but what does this have to do with 2260 spikes? :confused:

I'm out - no more replies from me after this. You stated something false - that Tilton is still a distributor for Jonsered. SawTroll corrected you. You then went on a rant that since you were a dealer for them then you should know more about them than SawTroll (which obviously you don't as you stated they are still a distributor for Jonsered and they are not). All the while, your grammar and punctuation sucks. SawTroll from Norway with English as a second language does a much better job.....much better.

Over and out......

Waylan

I'm out - no more replies from me after this. You stated something false - that Tilton is still a distributor for Jonsered. SawTroll corrected you. You then went on a rant that since you were a dealer for them then you should know more about them than SawTroll (which obviously you don't as you stated they are still a distributor for Jonsered and they are not). All the while, your grammar and punctuation sucks. SawTroll from Norway with English as a second language does a much better job.....much better.

Over and out......

Waylan
go suck some rocks. you cant read well...

go back and read,,who started this..............your like guido,,anything you disagree with...................
This wasn't about disagreeing, it simply was about correcting an incorrect statement (from you). There really is nothing to disagree about - unless you disagree with well known facts. ;)

This wasn't about disagreeing, it simply was about correcting an incorrect statement (from you). There really is nothing to disagree about - unless you disagree with well known facts. ;)
E V E R Y T H I N G you say is a fact,, self appointed guru.. why two of you cant read properly is beyond me.....NEVAH have made a mistake in your life....

E V E R Y T H I N G you say is a fact,, self appointed guru.. why two of you cant read properly is beyond me.....NEVAH have made a mistake in your life....

The issue is the writing and spelling, not the reading. Not everything I write is fact, but in this case it was.

I often make mistakes, and have no problem admitting it, unlike someone else. ;)

Well, this thread certainly has veered off course. :)

There are something like 4 sets of spikes for these saws. Regular and west coast in both large and small mount bar models, so it gets a bit confusing. I probably have everything but the small mount/west coast stuff in stock: I'll check on Monday.

One of the things that is confusing is that the leading edge of the side covers of the small mount saws such as the 2260 and 555 sit further back than the 562 cover does. The outside spike on those saws must then be larger as it's mounting point is further back than where the inside spike is bolted into the crankcase. So they don't look like a matching pair as do the 562 spikes. I've gotten the outside 2260/555 spike for guys and they look at it and say, "Hey, this is wrong", until they actually mount it.

Well, this thread certainly has veered off course. :)

There are something like 4 sets of spikes for these saws. Regular and west coast in both large and small mount bar models, so it gets a bit confusing. I probably have everything but the small mount/west coast stuff in stock: I'll check on Monday.

One of the things that is confusing is that the leading edge of the side covers of the small mount saws such as the 2260 and 555 sit further back than the 562 cover does. The outside spike on those saws must then be larger as it's mounting point is further back than where the inside spike is bolted into the crankcase. So they don't look like a matching pair as do the 562 spikes. I've gotten the outside 2260/555 spike for guys and they look at it and say, "Hey, this is wrong", until they actually mount it.
I ordered the outer spike from you about 9 months ago. I remember you had said that it was the last one in the country. Luckily for me it matched with the stock inner spike and I'm glad I have it.

Kinda a must on Live Oak trees down here. The bark is so large, it is hard to get the stock spike to grab and stick. It'll knock the paint off a saw saw quickly also.

Back