25" Ash dropped, bucked, split tonight.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev_2004

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wife , kids & I did a little more cutting tonight that will hopefully be for next year. I chose this nice 25" ash tonight & we were able to get the whole trunk processed tonight. The best part is it is less then 100yds. from my house. 20140925_165123.jpg 20140925_174501.jpg 20140925_174708.jpg I have been steadily dropping ash trees in my woods as they are all slowly beginning to die.

looks like the bark stayed on when it was dropped, must not have been dead too long! I am 2hrs north east of Indy and most of our ash trees are bark-less or losing it. Looks like a good operation you have going on!

Excellent!

I keep meaning to snag some ash copter seeds and squirrel them away for whenever the eab hits here. My idea is wait until it offs all of them and the critters croak off, then replant. Might never happen in a timely manner, but saving the seeds seems prudent and easy.

I love ash, my fav wood. Just don't cut too many because the trees are all in good shape here still, so mostly I leave them, might take one a year, that's it.

I like your style...supervising, taking pictures and making the wife and kids work.;)

Only thing I was missing was the beer.:givebeer: I appreciate any help that they are willing to give. The boy was busy playing somewhere in the distance but, is normally the main helper.

looks like the bark stayed on when it was dropped, must not have been dead too long! I am 2hrs north east of Indy and most of our ash trees are bark-less or losing it. Looks like a good operation you have going on!

We are about 45 min. north of Indy. Just south-east of Purdue. This one wasn't completely dead yet, just had alot of dead branches in the top. I bet I have at least 50 ash trees on the 15 acres I own. Doesn't include the other 65 acres of wife's grandparents.

We are about 45 min. north of Indy. Just south-east of Purdue. This one wasn't completely dead yet, just had alot of dead branches in the top. I bet I have at least 50 ash trees on the 15 acres I own. Doesn't include the other 65 acres of wife's grandparents.
our problem around here is now they have been standing dead 2~3 yrs and now they are getting punky in the center of the log. we have been basically logging them out and stacking them off the ground. more will rot then we are able to get to. The loggers aren't even taking them anymore!

Latest posts

Back