• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 262 project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfin

Fish & Chips!!!
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg This one came to me last week and Im good on projects so down the road it goes.

Piston has wear marks but no scoring/transfer I can see. Its blowing right at 140 psi. It popped on a prime but the starter rope broke trying to tug it to run. Has decomp jug and 120 carb. Bearings feel good.

I cleaned it enough to see what it needs. Heres what i found.

-fuel line is toast
-rear av spring is broken or weak
-needs chain tensioner
-brake band is broken
-clutch cover broken on bottom edge
-starter cord needs replaced
-switch wire to coil needs attention

Did not find any stripped holes or other damage. I will include a decent 20" 3/8 .058 husky bar and roughly half used chain. Also will send a new Caber ring.

Price is $262 to your door in lower US. Other locales we can discuss shipping. Im pretty firm on price, I will throw it on shelf for later if it doesnt sell. Thanks

Sunfish sold his up on this page for less so ill entertain offers.

Thanks Mike. This is the last 261/262 I built. iirc i sanded the squish .008", raised the ext and lowered the intake a bit. No need to touch the transfers, so a standard dremel could be used. I think it turned out skippy.

Back