262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of what Jon has been doing.

First he heats one side so it's hot enough to just drop the bearing in the pocket.

262 019.jpg

262 020.jpg

Then he lets the bearing soak some heat out of the case half.....and then he slips the crank in.

262 021.jpg

Installs the gasket......

262 023.jpg
262 022.jpg

And heats the other half.

262 025.jpg

Slides it on.......bolts it all up.

262 026.jpg

And then centers the crank up with a brass hammer.

262 027.jpg

Did you get into some of the non-decomp Mahle, Randy?

The only non decomp I have here is the KS.

Randy - real quick (so as not to derail this mofo)
262 vs. 562
1. Both stock
2. Both ported
GO!
(Thx buddy :)

562 will take the 262 stock. Ported???? Well that depends on a lot of variables.

I like the 262 myself....

Sir Randall,

Are any of those 262's from Utah?

One of them did. :)

There's a few that I've yet to get the gains I really hoped for out of. One is the Dolmar 6400. It's a bad ass 64cc saw stock.......and huge gains ave been ard to get for me there. I get gains.......but I think I should get more.

What I've seen on those 262 I bought for a while ago.
Non-decomp Mahle 48ZK3
Decomp Mahle 48ZN15
I can only speak about those I got, 93 model are a very interesting year.

My brother just told me that his non decomp 262xpg one also has a Mahle - hopefully he will be back with the year, but since it has a HD-87 it obviously is an early one (likely 1991 or earlier)?

There's a few that I've yet to get the gains I really hoped for out of. One is the Dolmar 6400. It's a bad ass 64cc saw stock.......and huge gains ave been ard to get for me there. I get gains.......but I think I should get more.

I found a really low hour 6400 here in Utah, but it's a little too rich for me(approximately $400).

If I can get it for a decent price, I'll be happy to send it to you, Randy, for research purposes.

I found a really low hour 6400 here in Utah, but it's a little too rich for me(approximately $400).

If I can get it for a decent price, I'll be happy to send it to you, Randy, for research purposes.

I have a couple of em. :)

Thanks so much for doing this, Randy.:bowdown:
I'm a big fan of 262, have 90,91KS, 94,95,96 Mahle + a new OEM Mahle. I may be the only one, but, I prefer the nice shine off the KS jugs!
Btw, all are projects waiting for your instructions :D:D:D:D

If there was a Gilardoni, it might be even shinier - they are on some other models! ;)

No surprice with the KS jug - but the HD-87 hardly is original to a saw that late?

That is according to IPLs, but they don't always tell the full story! :)
the IPL doesnt tell the full story.
All KS jugs I've seen on mine they also have a 87 carb, I am almost 100% certain that KS=87.
But then we have your brother 262.
Hope you soon can figure out sn, jug and carb on that one for us Niko

Latest posts

Back