262xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 262xp is one of my favourite saws although its one of my oldest, the guy that works with me keeps hinting at buying it from me. Husky didnt just drop the ball when they stopped making it, they handed it to the other side and ran defence for them.

We have a 262XP in the line-up, excellent saw at all levels. I would NOT want to use a 24", and wouldn't even recomend a 20" bar for it, at least for the type of cutting that we do. Doesn't mean it wouldn't pull either of them, but we cut a lot of tops, and speed is everything, at least if you want to get anything done!

The 262XP is however, very happy with an 18" bar 3/8" full chisel. I can say for certain power ratings are somewhat arbitrary, as it doesn't make as much power at any rpm as our 268XPS (even though it's rated as high or higher in power output), but cuts equally as well and as fast in smaller logs......Cliff

We have a 262XP in the line-up, excellent saw at all levels. I would NOT want to use a 24", and wouldn't even recomend a 20" bar for it, at least for the type of cutting that we do. Doesn't mean it wouldn't pull either of them, but we cut a lot of tops, and speed is everything, at least if you want to get anything done!

The 262XP is however, very happy with an 18" bar 3/8" full chisel. I can say for certain power ratings are somewhat arbitrary, as it doesn't make as much power at any rpm as our 268XPS (even though it's rated as high or higher in power output), but cuts equally as well and as fast in smaller logs......Cliff

I agree, an 18" bar is perfect on a 262xp.

I mostly run an 18" 3/8 with full chisel but I also like .325 20". All hardwood cutting here. My only complaint is too bad it isn't a large mount. The 262 and 254 are my go to saws for limbing. culling out my woods and cutting locust and iron wood for fence posts.
I also think SawTroll needs one of these because he likes to talk about them. I don't know how you remember all your Husky info, but I'm glad you do. Maybe I'll have to send you a loaner 262 for a year.

I mostly run an 18" 3/8 with full chisel but I also like .325 20". All hardwood cutting here. My only complaint is too bad it isn't a large mount. The 262 and 254 are my go to saws for limbing. culling out my woods and cutting locust and iron wood for fence posts.
I also think SawTroll needs one of these because he likes to talk about them. I don't know how you remember all your Husky info, but I'm glad you do. Maybe I'll have to send you a loaner 262 for a year.

His Bro has one but wouldnt part with it!

Latest posts

Back