28" reduced weight or 32"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the 28" or 32" reduced weight bars for my 390xp. I have 2 28" to fit huskys right now and a 32" for stihl mount. The 32" felt real nose heavy on the 390xp. How does the 32" balance versus the 28". The total brand bar I have is a little bit nose down now.

I run a 28" on it right now. It is a GB Total bar. Here's what it looks like now. Maybe this will help Evan decide he wants one.
003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

Does it matter? Any saw that will pull a 28 or 32" bar full of gas and oil is heavy. Never understood the reduced weight thing, just get the best quality bar for your money.

I just kinda want one. I don't need anything above a 28" really. I was just wondering if it would balance good as what is on it is a touch nose heavy. The husky bar that came with it was a little bit heavier than the GB.

I just kinda want one. I don't need anything above a 28" really. I was just wondering if it would balance good as what is on it is a touch nose heavy. The husky bar that came with it was a little bit heavier than the GB.

Balance means nothing. Unless you never start your saw. Performance is all that matters.

Balance means nothing. Unless you never start your saw. Performance is all that matters.

:agree2: The saw will cut faster with a 28" on it to. As I stated before, only buy enough bar for the wood you'll be cutting.

Just my 2 cents

id get the reduced weight in wahtever length you use the most.

my 372 with 32" ES is nose heavey but so was the 660 i ran with 32" ES

i think the only saws that arent nose heavy with 32-36" bares are the 880 and 3120s and similar huge saws.

i think it would be cool if brad would weigh his 440/046 while wearing the 28" RW bar my 044 is set up identical to his but wearing a 28" oregon bar.

044 3/4wrapped 28" oregon ready to cut is 20lbs
440 half wrap 20" ES 18lbs
372 half wrap 32" ES 21lbs

all saws are fueled and ready to cut

ive decided its a crap shoot between small dawgs and big , decided the 1.5-2" the big dawgs take up doesnt realy matter specialy when the woods alread 10" or more past the bar tip

Latest posts

Back