28" reduced weight or 32"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the 32" cause i like the reach in blow downs and limbing, cut a lot of stuff between 28" and 40" and yes the big dawgs do take away a little useable bar.

I agree 100%. I may only cut 28" wood, but the extended reach is why I have it. The odd time I cut greater than that, the 32 is nice.

1012944.jpg

This is a 33" RW...

Yeah I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to get one $$$$. I already have 2 28" bars.

MR4WD

set that thing on the bathroom scale and see what it weighs compared to mine with the ES ill even swap handle to make the weighs even exscept for the bar

MR4WD

set that thing on the bathroom scale and see what it weighs compared to mine with the ES ill even swap handle to make the weighs even exscept for the bar

That saw's 390. Are you asking me to throw the 372 on a scale? With that RW bar and chain?

ohhh sorry i thought that was the 372 in the pic.

yeah id be curious how much lighter the rw bar is compared to my 32" es on my 372

I run a 28" on it right now. It is a GB Total bar. Here's what it looks like now. Maybe this will help Evan decide he wants one.
003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

That isn't a GB made Total bar but a Jap made Tsumura branded Total. The GB Total bars I've seen in Oz have a Pro Top style, 3 rivet tip and are just repainted Pro Tops. That tip is a Tsumura (unless copies are around from China?) and you'll find it is Japanese made (Tsumura). Nicer than a GB by the way but both bars excellent ;)
Don't be fooled by the potential weight savings if going for a 32" RW Sugihara, they are only JUST lighter than the same sized, non RW, standard GB Pro Top or Oregon Power Match Plus. Apparently the RW Oregons are as light as they say.

Last edited:
Yeah it is a Tsumura. I read it on the bar the other day. I don't know why I called it GB. I bought a couple square ground chains and some files instead of one of the bars for now. I couldn't get over the price.

I bid on the first one. In the last 4 minutes they went crazy. I quit around $100 and they kept going and going. Somebody just didn't want someone to win it.

The 32"rw balance nicely on my Sling'r 390Xp..The bar weighs the same as a 24" normal bar worth every penny

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I bid on the first one. In the last 4 minutes they went crazy. I quit around $100 and they kept going and going. Somebody just didn't want someone to win it.

I've had several people outbid me on certain things purely for spite. I kind of like playing that game though, because then I make them pay an outrageous amount for something common.

I didnt notice the bumper links.

but after looking closer it looks to be a Oregon LPX wich is a ver good cutting chain

i wont doc him to much for the bumpers

Nice saw and bar mate but Bumper Link chain? My god man...

I suppose it cuts too fast with standard chain...

:)

i also have carlton non-bumperlink. i got confused when i ordered the oregon chain so that is what i got

I'll let you off this time. The saw makes up for it ;)

its actually 33rc woodland pro chain. no worries just a little slow right now. trying to remember things. i will try to get iton a scale. and yes it does rip and the extra reach is real nice.

Latest posts

Back