3 minutes too early!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
Reaction score
My Fiskars X27 axe and X7 hatchet were delivered at my house at 5:07pm this evening. I left my house at 5:04pm. I waited till the last possible second.

My truck is loaded with my MS180, 026 and MS360 Pro and I'm going cutting after work in the morning. Sure would like to play with my new toys.

Maybe I'll run home before I head to the woods, but with diesel at $4/gal, I may just wait and play with them on my pile of waiting-to-be-splits in my yard...

Nice! Even nicer that you get to online at work:msp_thumbup:

You buy them online i assume? I've been wanting to try a fiskars axe but cant find them down here between Dayton and Lima.
Let us know how you like them too.

My Fiskars X27 axe and X7 hatchet were delivered at my house at 5:07pm this evening. I left my house at 5:04pm. I waited till the last possible second.

My truck is loaded with my MS180, 026 and MS360 Pro and I'm going cutting after work in the morning. Sure would like to play with my new toys.

Maybe I'll run home before I head to the woods, but with diesel at $4/gal, I may just wait and play with them on my pile of waiting-to-be-splits in my yard...

That's my approach, leave the x27 home, carry only a couple steel wedges/sledge/maul to bust the rounds down to a size I can load. When I am cutting the goal is to get out there, cut a load and get it back in the yard. Busting them down ot firewood size is done as I get to it.

You will enjoy the 27 & 7

How was the cutting this morning?

Harry K

Cutting was very nice this morning. Dropped a dead walnut along the road and got a full load out of it.

For anyone thinking about a Fiskars, go for it! Especially since Baileys has them on sale.

I am absolutely impressed with both the 27 and 7. They are fine tools for sure.

I'm going to make a post of all the cutting I've been doing lately. Stay tuned...

Cutting was very nice this morning. Dropped a dead walnut along the road and got a full load out of it.

For anyone thinking about a Fiskars, go for it! Especially since Baileys has them on sale.

I am absolutely impressed with both the 27 and 7. They are fine tools for sure.

I'm going to make a post of all the cutting I've been doing lately. Stay tuned...

The 27 is great, if you like the 7, you'll love the 11. Found the 11 to have more power than the 7 due to the slightly longer handle. The 11 is my one hander.

Latest posts

Back