.325 sprocket for redmaxGZ400/ryobi 10532?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streblerm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been in the market for a lightweight saw for some time. I had been working on an 020avp but I can't quite get it sorted out. So, I did what any other CAD afflicted person would do and bought another saw.

It was a supposedly brand NOS GZ400 from ebay. It wouldn't run out of the box and was full of sawdust so it was either a refurb or just a return. After a few minutes with a cutoff tool and a screwdriver I had a tool suitable for adjusting the "double D" carb screws. The fuel filter was pointed straight up so I shortened the line. There is some minor scuffing on the piston from what looks to be sawdust ingestion through some poorly fitted foam around the strato ports on the air filter, but compression is good and it runs fine. I needed to get that little rant off my chest.

Back to the topic, does anyone know of a .325 sprocket for these saws? Or even better a rim and drum setup? I have a 16" small husky mount bar modified for the A041 mount and a shizzload of chains. I found the older GZ4500 has a listing for a .325 spur sprocket, but it is $30 :jawdrop: If it were a rim and drum setup I would probably do it.

The clutch and drum looks a lot like my PP330 so I may see if it will swap, but if that doesn't work has anybody found a .325 sprocket?

Thanks for the links. I already had the IPL but the link to the carving sprocket confirms that the 4500 shares the same drum as the 400.

I think I might be too cheap to buy a $30 spur though.

Yea but you can look at other places now, flebay?
if you get hold of another manufacturer you can cross reference, open up the field.
Just been through similar with my SD converting to rim and sprocket, got hold of the oregon part No and found loads.
With that system you can get second hand sprocket and just get a new rim, should save a $ or two.
It's a shame they don't go by size ID OD etc be a lot easier getting bits for the older machines

Last edited:
Oregon doesn't offer any sprockets for the smaller redmax saws. I'm pretty sure the 621 takes a different sprocket.

Any ideas on other sources for sprockets?

GB, HERR, CARLTON, all make sprockets
there are cross references but you need a number to start with
also most manufacturers will have there own lists so might be worth going to there sites and ask (email direct question)

The 4500 at the dealer here has .325 on it.

I know they are available, but they are spur sprockets and they want $30 for one. I was hoping for an aftermarket or alternate saw using a rim/drum setup.

I may just have to get over my cheap ass and order the sprocket.

or $30 worth of chains from Bailey's. I think I have a poulan mount 16" 3/8lp bar laying around here somewhere.

I got my 4500 from a carver friend who sells redmax, he gave me a 3/8lp and a .325 setup for it, each one uses a different oil pump drive that the cluch engages, it may be different on other redmax saws. he did just grab the drives out of bins with no part nos. so maybe they are universal to all redmax saws, I tried to call him but he is out of town.

I see. It has a setup like my 020 where the worm for the oil pump is driven off the teeth on the sprocket. That pretty much rules out a rim and drum setup. I have the IPLs for the 400 and 4500 side by side and the worms have different part numbers. I guess that makes it a $40 sprocket.

Looks like I'll just stick with 3/8lp. $40 will buy me plenty of chains from Bailey's. I kind of wanted to outfit it with a 14" bar anyway and all my .325 chain is 16"

I just ordered a 14" arbor pro bar and three chains from Bailey's for less than it would have cost me to buy the .325 spur setup. What's one more type of chain around the woodshed?

Back