346xp/350 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnses

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
looking for general opinions....I have a 346 carcass that could be a builder but missing bunch of stuff has nice top end and the crankcase if broken behind the clutch.....got a 350 complete less bar with scorched top end to use for parts f or the 246 but thinking if might just put the 346 top end on the 350...I have a 346 I built and love it...not sure what carb is on the 350. My understanding is the fault with the 350's is the muffler bolts getting loose....so what says you wait for a crank case half or build up a sleeper 350.

thanks
the can

The muffler problem can be solved pretty easily on the 350, but there are lots of mag 50cc cases out there. Probably depends on your budget, intentions for the finished saw, and ambition/experience level.

If you have all the parts to build a runner,,do it! You can add a muffler brace from a 353 346 2152 2153 with an easy mod. Keep an eye out for 346 with bad cyl. for future build.

Back