346xp or 550xp and the verdict is...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a 550 and I'm running 3/8 18" bar on it, pulls it just fine in stock form. My 346 just didn't have the torque to do it that well. I'm not a big fan of .325 but that's just me:msp_tongue:

I just got a 550 and I'm running 3/8 18" bar on it, pulls it just fine in stock form. My 346 just didn't have the torque to do it that well. I'm not a big fan of .325 but that's just me:msp_tongue:

did you run 3/8 right from the start? My 550 is wakin up slow and still has 325, which I am not a fan of either :)

It depends on the operator and their needs. The 346 makes the most power (modded), but the 550 you can fuel up and run it and forget it. I can't imagine a better all around work saw.

That remains to be seen. I've only lightly ported a 550. It was barely behind a well built 2153. I have more to do on the 550 yet.

New saw rep sent! Even though I haven't run a 550 I take from the comments of great members who have and run them that you bought the right saw. A dead stock 346xpne,imho leave too much on the table, I think you'll like the xtra tourqe members talk about,

IMG_0253_zps11af2849.jpg

I'm gonna need the correct compression gauge before I decide which way to go on it.

Does your gauge have a quick disconnect where you could use the hose I just bought? If so, you're welcome to it. BTW, mine reads 170 PSI, but the hose fitting may be a little longer than the spark plug. That's gasketless, with just enough of a popup to set my squish.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back