346XP Saga NOT OVER, Husvarna says NO NEW SAW FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that kind of stinks but you can get around this problem. Listen to your wife and go down to your best local dealer and get another 346xp. Use the new saw while your other is in limbo. Always good to have a backup and 346xp is worth double what husky is charging for them. I have three and if husky don’t get the 362xp out soon, I might be getting another. Great saws. Only problem I had with one of mine was the poofy XP sticker peeled off the top cover. I stuck it back on upsidedown so now it’s a dx.

Right!

Only thing better than a 346xp, is TWO 346xps'. :D

Let's not forget the John Deere deal. The key here is to get past the term "box store". Either they are crowding their dealers with more retail outlets or they aren't. I agree with TK, that the hardware store deal is essentially a box store.

Here's the question I always ask my Stihl buddies who drank the "box store kool-aid": If they open up another store 10 minutes up the road, what's more important, the kind of store it is, or the 10 minutes?

Exactly.

Let's not forget the John Deere deal. The key here is to get past the term "box store". Either they are crowding their dealers with more retail outlets or they aren't. I agree with TK, that the hardware store deal is essentially a box store.

Here's the question I always ask my Stihl buddies who drank the "box store kool-aid": If they open up another store 10 minutes up the road, what's more important, the kind of store it is, or the 10 minutes?

Stihl do about the same thing here as well, and Jonsered used to do with the cheaper models (haven't seen it in a while, those stores now sell Partners and an occational Poulan).

Stihl do about the same thing here as well, and Jonsered used to do with the cheaper models (haven't seen it in a while, those stores now sell Partners and an occational Poulan).

Jonsered wholegoods are more prominent in your neck of the woods. We really only see the chainsaws here. I've only seen one trimmer and it was a red colored Weedeater. I haven't seen any other Jonsered equipment personally.

This is just not right!

That gearbox should have been replaced immediately, and all charges picked up by Woods. Clearly a manufacturing defect!
FWIW, I'm on my second Woods Brushbull. I'm looking to dump it and get a Land Pride. LP seems to stand behind their equipment, and it's cutters are built heavier to boot...

I've got a Woods RD8400 (7') finish mower that is 6 years old this year. When I got it home (new) I was a bit concerned over the 'Made in China' gearbox and it's five year warranty. I guess it should last me a long time because the gearbox is rated for 60 horsepower and I've got it hitched to a 25HP tractor! The whole thing is built like a brick ####house (outhouse) so my light duty grass mowing will take forever to wear it out.

He wasn't even close to IRENE, but the VB factory surely was......:msp_wink:

Whatcha talking bout, she came right by the house man, short dress, I hollered c'mere baby but she hauled buggy,LOL

Your right, Irene didn't do much in my area, alot of rain but little wind. I ordered a bunch of saws and chains hoping for some extra sales but didn't happen. Its been pouring the last 3 days here though, pouring now, the ground is soaked, just need some wind and we're off to the races...

Latest posts

Back