357xpgw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the added a comp release...nice but not needed on that saw...at least in stock form.

What the heck is that odd lever in the back...another chain brake?

Looking forward to seeing the saw!

I see the added a comp release...nice but not needed on that saw...at least in stock form.

What the heck is that odd lever in the back...another chain brake?

Looking forward to seeing the saw!

TAC = Triple Action Chain- brake. :bang: :bang:

Man, that TAC triple acting thingy looks like a triple sized pain in the behind.

How exactly does that thing work, and how can it not get in the way??

Chuck

It sure looks like it is - I believe it is a bad idea, that someone managed to make mandatory for some official use in Sweden. Member "Mange", or some of the other Swedes here, should know the facts........

The TAC is offered here also, but I don't think they sell many (if any) - never seen one "live", even at the dealers. :bang: :bang:

Man, that TAC triple acting thingy looks like a triple sized pain in the behind.

How exactly does that thing work, and how can it not get in the way??

Chuck
Triple Action Chain break

(1)The traditional chain brake engages when the brake handle contacts your left hand / wrist. (2) The inertia brake is engaged by the bar & chain striking something hard. (3)This extra lever engages the chain brake after contacting the operator's right hand / wrist. I am presuming if you were to lose your grip with your left hand or if something should fall onto the bar, that once the nose of the saw started dropping, your right wrist would bump the lever and engage the chain brake, hopefully before it kissed your leg.
:popcorn:

Your discription is correct, exept the very last part of it, about the wrist activating the brake, in case of the bar falling twds the ground.

Looks more like the opposite to me, like it is there to stop the chain in case of kick-back when limbing one-handedly, and the inertia doesn't activate it...

Anyway, to add injury to insult, it raises the weigh of the saw with close to halv a pound (.2 kg).

Last edited:
One of the ideas is that it "force" you to hold the saw correct, I'm not gonna deeper in to that, personally I haven't tried the tac, well in a store but that does not count, but I would not mind trying one out the field !!

you can activate it by pushing your forearm forward, but in a kickback situation it would be rearward.
It was silver on both tac and non tac saws at the show !
I do hope they go orange with them :)

you can activate it by pushing your forearm forward, but in a kickback situation it would be rearward.
It was silver on both tac and non tac saws at the show !
I do hope they go orange with them :)

Maybe the cover is silver to show it is a demo model.
Your right two tone colors not not look right on a Husqvarna.

357xp Dawgs

Thought this handle for the 357xp would be of interest for full wrap lovers :D
there is also a set of new dawgs for it as well, bigger and for both in/outside ,,

Hi Kipp
I was able to use the IPL that you sent. I sent the IPL to Baileys, a site sponsor and they are able to order the set of dawgs for me. Great information being passed around here on the Arboristsite.
Thank you Kipp for your post about the new Huskey saws.
J.Walker

Can't wait for a Volvo pickup truck to come to the US... lol ...

A friend had a woods port 357 and a bone stock 372 on the job the other day. Before the day was over we were racing them. The 357 would beat the 372 in 8" jeffrys pine stay even in 12" and barely fall behind in 16". The 372 was handicapped with a 32" bar and skip round chisel while the 357 had a 20" bar and full comp round chisel.

OK I walked into that one.

Husquvarna did well matching there saws up with Jonsered.

haha just kidding :D
Unfortunately I can't say I don't like a particular saw color or brand I want them ALL ,,, just can't afford it :p

I noticed that that 357XP, Is not a E tech design.
attachment.php

E-tech has allways been an option here, you even have to pay extra for it, and as far as I know, "no-one" buys it.......:hmm3grin2orange:

+1 , thats exactly how things are... over here i think you have to pay ~50e premium or so for e-tech :greenchainsaw:

Back