359 husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a 359 husky off of a coworker late yesterday . He said his dad put the wrong gas in it and burned it up. I have never owned a 359 before just wondering how good they are before I go to putting in a lot of time and money in it.
Very good saws.

Week before last we had an ice storm and my coworker said they filled every can they had with gas for the generator . He said his dad was cleaning up down limbs this past weekend when the saw stopped. He realized he used straight gas .

Depending on how quick he caught it- cylinder might be saveable.
For me, it depends on the condition of the rest of the saw and it's intended future, but I have used Meteor pistons with no problems and would class them as good as and sometimes better (because of the supplied caber rings) than OEM, but right now there seem to be some good prices in the States for genuine Husqvarna top end kits.

Back when I was a teenager working in the woods we used old antifreeze jugs for saw gas. They were easy to carry with bar oil with a rope tied through the handles. the boss just went and bought him a brand new husky 272xp .We were still using 034 stihl saws . The boss son dumped raw gas in that new 272 and it was over. You can imagine what was said. In those days it was all OEM and what ever the shop charged .

Just wondering I have seen those lil red barn pop up piston on the net. Has anyone ever tried one. Just wondering. Im not going to buy one for this saw. But was jus courious

I have a very used and tired 460 stihl i was thinking about trying one. I mean the saw doesn’t owe anything . I heard hyway was good. My 261 husky was opposite it had a dished piston. I put a 262 piston in it.

I have a very used and tired 460 stihl i was thinking about trying one. I mean the saw doesn’t owe anything . I heard hyway was good. My 261 husky was opposite it had a dished piston. I put a 262 piston in it.
Go with Meteor or OEM and you will never regret it.

Latest posts

Back