359 husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I put the saw back together yesterday did a pressure vac test all good. Started saw in the shop and was waiting for better weather to test cut. Work buddy I bought it off of stopped by and saw it. Long story short he got the saw back and I made a 100 bucks. So went to a swap meet flea market and behold a 359 that runs and looks better than the other for 100 dollars. Needless to say i still get to try a 359 out.

One thing the dealer I got the parts from said if the carb gives trouble get a ebay or amazon carb. He said the factory carbs are useless Idk

A dealer telling you to buy an aftermarket carb? Thats an odd one.
Depends which carb is fitted to your machine, there is one with an accelerator pump that can give problems.
Most recommended swap is to change out the Walbro 199 for a Zama C3EL42. Some people like and can repair/refurbish the Walbro's and claim they deliver more of a top end- others say the Zama's cure any and all the Walbro's problems and the average user does not notice any loose through fitting one- so you decide for yourself, but it could be your own new to you 359 runs just fine.
If you do decide to swap carbs- I am willing to bet someone tinkering with a 346 build will buy your old carb off of you. ;)

Depends which carb is fitted to your machine, there is one with an accelerator pump that can give problems.
Most recommends swap is to change out the Walbro 199 for a Zama C3EL42. Some people like and can repair/refurbish the Walbro's and claim they deliver more of a top end- others say the Zama's cure any and all the Walbro's problems and the average user does not notice any loos through fitting one- so you decide for yourself, but it could be your own new to you 359 runs just fine.
If you do decide to swap carbs- I am willing to bet someone tinkering with a 346 build will buy your old carb off of you. ;)
I will!

Most recommended swap is to change out the Walbro 199 for a Zama C3EL42. Some people like and can repair/refurbish the Walbro's and claim they deliver more of a top end- others say the Zama's cure any and all the Walbro's problems and the average user does not notice any loose through fitting one- so you decide for yourself, but it could be your own new to you 359 runs just fine.
Well its like this .We use to have a lot of husky dealers until lowes started selling them and from what I heard the rep for husky is a pain. So the guy who gets me parts is a husky dealer but he dont really push them. Hes a guy that should have been retired years ago but hes a good guy .

Well its like this .We use to have a lot of husky dealers until lowes started selling them and from what I heard the rep for husky is a pain. So the guy who gets me parts is a husky dealer but he dont really push them. Hes a guy that should have been retired years ago but hes a good guy .
Changing carburetors on a Husky is a pain, compared to a Stihl. Maybe the dealer was just trying to avoid an aggravating part of his job...

I know running the saw in the shop it seemed like a muffler mod is needed .My 272 muffler broke and I got a aftermarket for it and it has done fine .Im thinking of getting a aftermarket for the 359 and try mod it that way I mess up just put the oem back on

I picked up a 359 husky off of a coworker late yesterday . He said his dad put the wrong gas in it and burned it up. I have never owned a 359 before just wondering how good they are before I go to putting in a lot of time and money in it.
I have a 359 that is almost brand new. Went overseas after I bought it and drained and service everything before throwing it in a box.
When I moved here, I dug it out. Like getting a Christmas present!

Had a 359 once. A couple injuries to it and it seemed like more cost than it was worth to fix it. I wound up giving it to someone who said he might have the parts to fix it. He looked like someone who would appreciate it. I hope it worked out well.
If I had known as much about saws as I do now, I probably would have tried fixing it. If he got it going, I'm happy.

Made some cuts with mine last night . I think im going to like it but I still think that muffler need opened some.
Mine likes this one...
ad3ecccd8188fcc01849398fe6bd4c29.jpg
8f98fb3a7ef1b55388cb3287f01711e2.jpg
070d66f471ef1bfc35df06063e7f2487.jpg

that is what im thinking of doing . Might buy a aftermarket to practice on.
I made the hole through the front then made rhe hole through the partition wall. I also cut and removed what I could of the tube that feeds the top outlet. Sounds great and I'm sure ot breaths better.

Back