362xp special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is there a difference between a 362xp and a 362xp special or is it the same saw! have the chance to pick up a 362xp special new in the box for $400.00 + tax is this a good deal?

Is there a difference between a 362xp and a 362xp special or is it the same saw! have the chance to pick up a 362xp special new in the box for $400.00 + tax is this a good deal?

That's a good price.

The 362 is Husky's lowest displacement on the large chassis and as such is a bit of an underachiever. It is by no means a bad saw, it's built as a pro piece of equipment. That said, being made on the large chassis makes the 362 an ideal candidate for a wide variety of performance parts and mods.

Take Care

Get it

That's a good price. I'd buy it. I have a 362xp and like the saw. I run an 18 inch bar with Stihl RSC chain and it will surprise you how it makes the chips fly. I think for that price you should grab it. I would.

That's a good price.

The 362 is Husky's lowest displacement on the large chassis and as such is a bit of an underachiever. It is by no means a bad saw, it's built as a pro piece of equipment. That said, being made on the large chassis makes the 362 an ideal candidate for a wide variety of performance parts and mods.

Take Care

What do you mean "large chassis"..as far as I know it is a "small mount chassis".

What do you mean "large chassis"..as far as I know it is a "small mount chassis".

The original 362xps (including the Special) are on the 371xp chassis, but with the small bar mount.

The "reintroduced" ones from a year or two back probably were on the slightly heavier (reinforced) 372xp chassis - and this time with the large bar mount.

By "large" he probably refer to the 371-family vs the 357-family (or vs the old 154-family, that the lighter and more powerful 262xp is on).

Last edited:
The original 362xps (including the Special) are on the 371xp chassis, but with the small bar mount.

The "reintroduced" ones from a year or two back probably were on the slightly heavier (reinforced) 372xp chassis - and this time with the large bar mount.

By "large" he probably refer to the 371-family vs the 357-family (or vs the old 154-family, that the lighter and more powerful 262xp is on).

That is correct,

The current 362 shares the same chassis and bar mount with the 372 XP, that is considerably larger than the 357XP, 359, etc. small chasis with the small bar mount.

This is what makes the 362 as I previously said an underacheiver with great potential.

Take Care

Thanks for all your help ,as you can see, I now own it. Paid $432.00 otd for it with a 24" bar and chain. So now i am going to take your advice and pick up a bb kit and upgrade! Will most likely run a 20" most of the time but I figured if he was throwing in a bar and chain might as well get the most bang for the buck. Thanks again.

The old 362's had the small mount (as did the J-red 2063), but it was still the same handles, covers, size, etc, as the 365/372. The newer 362's and 2163's have the larger bar mount.

As far as I know, the 2163s have the small mount like the 362xp Specials, but I could of course be wrong.

The old 362's had the small mount (as did the J-red 2063), but it was still the same handles, covers, size, etc, as the 365/372. The newer 362's and 2163's have the larger bar mount.

My 2063 has the small mount on it. I was not impressed with it's power though it's still not run in. My 2159 is ported and cuts faster but the 2063 is no slouch just not that flashy considering how big it feels.But 400.00 for a new saw is good no matter

Back