365 special???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flushcut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have many husky saws and was looking into getting a 365 special. I am not to well in formed on this saw and was wondering if it is a worthy saw to add to the pack? I am looking for a saw that the crew can beat up and is not one of my nicer xp saws but still has the capability to be a productive saw for them and me as well. Any thoughts anyone? :cheers:

I feel lucky and privileged to have just 1 365. I have almost named her, and almost feel that if I got another one I would be cheating on her........ but I would let the crew use it...... they are always bieotching because I don't let them use it..... I will throw them at a 440 instead, and they look like I canceled christmas..... hehehe.... its the only saw that when I run it, I don't wear ear plugs.....:greenchainsaw:

I've got two 365 Specials that are my main go to midsized saws, and they're great.

But it's my understanding that husky quit making them a few years ago.

However if you can find them for sale new anywhere, then buy them, even at 750 bucks a piece they are well worth it in my hands on opinion.

jomoco

I've got two 365 Specials that are my main go to midsized saws, and they're great.

But it's my understanding that husky quit making them a few years ago.

However if you can find them for sale new anywhere, then buy them, even at 750 bucks a piece they are well worth it in my hands on opinion.

jomoco

yeah.... stihls are equal for my choice for larger saws...... and my preference for smaller saws. take the MS280 up in the trees with me..... and when I need to buck up the big stuff Quick, the MS 880 gets it done right (just a hell of a lot more maintenance than I like)..... takes a little more time with the 365 to get the same jobs done, but is much more agreeable work.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I have found a new 365 for 520 and I am pulling the trigger on it after this post :cheers: all.

Good choice mate.

Next up, the 372XP, another hard working powerhouse of a low maintenance saw if ever I used one.

While none of the huskies can out perform a stihl in a nice clean head to head matchup, in an 8 hour nitty-gritty work day, they are the champs in the midsize range, in my opinion.

jomoco

I have many husky saws and was looking into getting a 365 special. I am not to well in formed on this saw and was wondering if it is a worthy saw to add to the pack? I am looking for a saw that the crew can beat up and is not one of my nicer xp saws but still has the capability to be a productive saw for them and me as well. Any thoughts anyone? :cheers:

I've had one for almost 9 years now, still runs strong like the day I brought it home. Bullet proof, have hardly had to do much other then regular maintenance and stuff! :blob2:

Huskies with their lower compression ratios are less susceptible to frying from low octane fuels than the higher compression Stihls as well.

Huskies are a more forgiving saw all the way around in my opinion.

If husky ever builds a good climbsaw, stihl better watch out!

jomoco

Back