372 low profile filter swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each his own. I like the looks of the lower cover better myself, and I don't mind maintaining my saws. if I was a pro user coming in dead tired after a long day, maybe I'd get a little cozier with the big cover.

I've used both, and it really doesn't get in the way that I can see. I do get bugged about having to fork out $45 for a new air filter when it looks about like the one on a lawn mower that costs $6. The little clamshell filters that E-lux has used for a long time work well and retail out at $20-25...which I can kinda see, being as they are probably a low volume part.

If you have a 350-353 or Jonsered equivalent, there is a Husky "tune-up" pack containing an air filter, fuel filter, bottle of mix oil and a plug for $20 in some box stores.

I wish you could get the air filters at Napa or O'Reilly's.

High tops for me.
I do find them more pleasing to the eye.

picture.php

I believe tests have been done to show that the lowtop 44 micron filter actually flows more air than the HD filter. I'm not sure about the felt filter. For extended use though, I'm sure the added surface area of the HD filter is a plus.

True but the HD has more surface area takes them longer to clog up!! Thats why the loggers like the HD.:cheers:

I believe tests have been done to show that the lowtop 44 micron filter actually flows more air than the HD filter. I'm not sure about the felt filter. For extended use though, I'm sure the added surface area of the HD filter is a plus.

The low-top 44 micron nylon filters are much faster and simpler to clean than the felt (or whatever) high ones - but at some point it sure will become a trade-off, in dusty conditions. :givebeer:

Last edited:
Repair a Husky 372 magneto

Someone handed me a Husky 372 saying if you can fix it you can have it to use. The problem is the magneto wires tangled in the vanes and got ripped out. There appears to be three wires, but I can only ID two of them. where does the third go. HT to spark plug, one wire to kill switch and third ???
TIA for any asistance.

To each their own. Count me in the high-top crowd. Been looking for one to put on the 288.

Ok if you guys are going to twist my arm till i give you an answer. HIGH TOP FOR ME,but its still up to the user and maybe even CONDITIONS. IMO:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back