372 or not...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’ve only owned Stihl, but seriously considering a 372. I own a small firewood business and cut lots of big oak. Lately I’ve been wanting something to buck faster than my 361, and weigh less (a lot) compared to my 066. I have Lots of Stihl bar options at my disposal, no husky. I really like the slim fast cutting design of the 372 over the 441. Dealer support not an issue both close the are awesome, although the Stihl dealer is closer. About to pull the trigger on a new 372. Good idea or bad? Anyone have first hand experience of a 372 vs a 361 am I wasting my money buying a 372?

The 372 is a little more saw, but not sure you’d find it to be that much faster bucking large oak?

That being said, I do like the way they balance and feel in the hands. Had a Stihl 362 and sold it once I got the 372. The 372 actually felt lighter in the hands even though the 372 was slightly heavier. I’m sure the 361 feels a little different than the 362 however.
I never owned one.

That 066 should be the ticket in the large oak, but I do understand it gets a little heavy after a while of cutting.

Maybe you need a ported 372!

If you do get the husky, get the Cannon bar adaptor and then you can just use all your stihl bars.

I do not understand with you owning a 660 and cutting Oak what the problem is. The 372 is a great little saw and powerful enough to pull a chain through some 24'' logs, but not quickly. I cut Oak usually once or twice a week all the way down to 12'' logs. I have four saws that are over 100 cc. They work so well at getting me through a job that it has changed my approach. The 660 is lite powerful and slim. The only thing that is not superb about the 660 is that they are not set up to run .404 chain. With .404 chain I am able to get more done and messing with chain less. If you are wanting to cut small 12'' logs than a 372 might be a e ticket for you. A huztl 372 will have a little more zap than a new 372 and cost a couple hundred. Maybe one like that would be worth a try to determine if it is right for you. BTW where do you work? That California place is a bit out of touch, Thanks

372 is a good saw. With the way the current 365 and 372 are set up you can buy a 365 and in a few minutes with a grinder you can have a 372. Just need to do a little modifying under the transfer covers which just unbolt from the cylinder.

I appreciate the offer. I’ve never purchased a pro saw new and was thinking of going that route on this one, if for nothing else the dealer support. I’m not 100% decide on that though.
The 660 is a great saw, but I’m digging the fit weight and feel of the 372. I’ll likly off the 660 or 361 (or both) if I get a new 372.

Back