372xp BB KITS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkinslow

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yep here it goes again. What's the best BB kit out there right now for the 372xp. Time to learn some things along the way with porting and such.

he said he's learning porting. i wouldn't want a new guy to grind his new OEM cylinder to hell. mkinslow, look at the hutzl big bore. they are cheap and do the job you are looking them to do. once you get a good feel then you can buy an OEM jug to port. you might even just get a regular bore on ebay and go real cheap if all you want to do is practice porting.

I have a nwp big bore cylinder that you can have if you pay for shipping.

It got hot and discolored the cylinder wall and stuck the ring in the piston, so the piston is no good, but the cylinder is in decent shape, it is good enough to learn how to port on, and test with.

4f1cedf858487fe81e79af343a9b42a5.jpg

617a4a4989f6411eb5350b28bf26b7d0.jpg

1685371846f1bb4aee2277b8af42ffb0.jpg

Also I have ran nwp big bore kits on my saws, and that's what I put on saws that come to my shop. I have found that they last just as long as stock if you use good oil and tune properly. I replaced this p&c with one from ebay, I wanted to try something different. The sellers name was wolfcreeksawshop and was selling the complete top end package for $104. The seller described the parts as genuine NWP parts. When the parts were delivered I immediately wanted to compare the two cylinders. The Baileys NWP (shown in the pictures above) have much larger transfer port areas, better port wall finishing, the casting lines between the two are much different. The seller swore to me that it was genuine NWP but it clearly isnt. Plus the pistons that have always came from the baileys NWP kit come with a coated skirt. The ebay NWP pistons did not. I have ran the saw twice with the ebay NWP p&c and it sounds good, and this may be my imagination but it doesn't feel like it has the grunt to pull the 28 like it did before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would go either way with it. I've been reading on the nwp kits. Some say they have improved their stuff recently. Oem would be better I know that but$$$ plus I'm in stihl country where I live in Tennessee so husqvarna parts are to be found on the internet. So I need to start looking and reading. What's up with wicked work saw kits.

IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0781.JPG Just for kicks here some pictures of the original p/c that's on mine now. I rebuild this saw with all new gasket seals bearings. Did muffler mod and deleted base gasket to get exactly 020 squish. It's no beauty queen but pulls the he'll outta a 28" bar and chain

Nothings jumping out at me. Some unusual scoring in the skirt for fresh rebuilt and a bit too much yamabond.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IMG_0560.JPG Right. But what could cause that. Everything I know to check is correct. And it's not the original p/c for this saw. I assembled it a year or so ago. Can't remember if it was there or not. Here's the original

Back