372xp rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman_gq

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just rebuilt a 372xp for a friend of mine, He took it to the local Husky dealer(not a good place to bring a saw here) to get tuned up and they tuned her out a little way too lean. Ended up with a melted down saw. He only paid $300 for this thing in almost mint condition from his brother in law and didnt want to pay what they wanted to fix it. He had no way to prove that they caused the meltdown so he ordered a Baileys big bore for it and handed it over to me.

I did not get pictures of the new top end but the casting looked pretty good. The ports were a little rough but nothing a little time with the grinder couldnt fix, and the chamber looked good.
The original Mahle cylinder looked worse than the new one and had a lot of small pits in the plating under transfer area. Not sure why but I think Mahle quality control might be slacking a little.

Long story short, the rebuild went well and the saw is back to work cutting firewood and my friend is happy again.

Latest posts

Back