372XP throttle cable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HittinSteel

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Getting my 372 back together after changing out the AV springs. I can't remember how the throttle cable goes in to the throttle link plate on the carb. Seemed straight forward but I must be missing something. When I reattached the cable to the carb and pulled the trigger, it only pulled the throttle plate about 1/4 of the way to WOT.

Anyone have a picture handy?

Howdy,
Here you go.
Regards
Gregg

Thanks for the response Gregg...... I have the IPL though. Was talking about were the cable attaches to the carb.

When I reattached the throttle cable to the throttle plate on the carb and pulled the trigger, it did not advance the throtlle plate on the carb very far. Like it stretched out?

Simonizer do I just push it back in to the handle? I don't have the saw in front of me or I would just give it a try.

372 throttle cable

The end of the sheath that is in the handle has to be "pinched" in the plastic trigger and the other end of the sheath has to fit in the nylon piece up by the carb. So both ends of the sheath have to be held or it does not work well.
Pruit

Yep, it looks like your issue is in the trigger. If this cable is not under some tension (like you took the carb or tank off), it can pop out of it's home in the trigger.. easy fix... just play with it and you'll see.

I'd have to agree.....what PITA. Also found a few other things that were probably the result of "engineering" I didn't like when compared to the older 2 series pro saws.

I'd have to agree.....what PITA. Also found a few other things that were probably the result of "engineering" I didn't like when compared to the older 2 series pro saws.

I've had several saws recently but only one was cable operated and it didn't work well. I sold it as quick as I could. All mine now are wire and none have sticky throttles.
I'm nothing near what you'd call a "professional" but I do like for things to work right..

cable throttle

I've not had trouble with the cable linkages, but if the sheath gets out of the pinch in the trigger, which it usually does, that is a problem. That part of the design is a bit weak.
Threading the gas hose through is more of a pain, though
Pruit

Sure was....while I had the tank off the saw I decided to do the fuel line and filter.

I threaded fishing line into the tank and out the cap. Then cut the fuel line at the steepest angle possible and then put a hole in the end and tied on the fishing line. Grease the line and pulled it through enough to grab with pliers. Then got the case mocked back on and threaded the fishing line up the hole in the case and pulled it through.

Back