372xp vs 372xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are going to be verry happy... Once you start running the new huskys you prob won't go back to your old ones...:greenchainsaw:

If you’re serious get the factory big block, send it to ehp, have him put the woods port numbers in it.

Thanks all for your input. I ordered a 372xp from baileys today. My neighbor's brother is picking it up for us along with a 385. I think the saw I am getting is a 372xpw but from what it sounds like, I would be happy with either. I am new at the "signature vs avitar" aspect of sites like this so hopefully I will have mine fixed like I want it with the help of my better half. My firewood buddy and myself have a: husky: 2100xp:blob2: 480cd:hmm3grin2orange: Stihl: 056 super:hmm3grin2orange: ms280:angry: 031av (rebuilding) :help:
Any mods you guys suggest out of the box on my new 372 would be appreciated.....:newbie:

Hey come on out to the PNW gettogether the first weekend in may. Bring the saw and have some fun. There will be some ported saws there and you can see and feel the diff.

Hey come on out to the PNW gettogether the first weekend in may. Bring the saw and have some fun. There will be some ported saws there and you can see and feel the diff.

I have been reading all the posts. Thanks for the invite. I was not sure that was going to be open to a professed newbie. I will talk to my brother-in-law and see if he can break free. Nice to get over to the west side and get away from this dang snow.

I can verify from experience that the 372XP and the XPW side-by-side cut almost identical stock. One of my woodcutting buddies has a 372XP and I have the XPW and neither of us can tell much difference (Both run 24" bars).

My 372XPW is currently stock until the warranty is up then it's getting muffler modded and eventually ported.

If you’re serious get the factory big block, send it to ehp, have him put the woods port numbers in it.

Yup, Ed ported one of mine. She's a ripper, just like my two ported 372XP's were. Have yet to do a timed test against my other new, bone stock W. It's a LOT faster!

All bad

Baileys backed out of the order even though I was having it picked up. There price jumped from 580 to over 800. I guess I need to start cutting more wood with my old saw. Anyother ideas out there for a 372xpw for close to baileys old price? :cry: Not baileys fault

Baileys backed out of the order even though I was having it picked up. There price jumped from 580 to over 800. I guess I need to start cutting more wood with my old saw. Anyother ideas out there for a 372xpw for close to baileys old price? :cry: Not baileys fault

$800 for a frickin' 372?:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Look for a MS440 or MS460......Those wake up just as much if not better than the 372s.

The 372xpg is only about 300USD more than the MS441W here - well worth the difference, Imo....:)

...but then I never ran a 441 - the looks and weight, and the fat azz design just turns me off.......

Last edited:

This is Bailey's price on a 372XPW as of this evening.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=HU+375W&catID=43

It is also the same price I paid back in December for mine.

How much is state sales tax in CA?

I thought Baileys couldn't sell Huskys other than "over the counter" anymore?

edit: I see it says that in the ad...

Last edited:
I thought Baileys couldn't sell Huskys other than "over the counter" anymore?

you can buy online, it just wont get further than the counter until you go and pick it up... the old fashioned way

edit: not that you needed that explaining... your eyes are quicker than my fingers

Last edited:
Back