372XPW not running right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Need some help guys. My 372XPW shuts down when I lift off the throttle at WOT or mid-range not everytime but getting worse. It's hard to get back started, the engine spins over a little faster when the starter cord rewinds but still dosent start. The engine is starting to have a different sound to it while idling down. It has spark when I turn it over everytime . I changed the fuel line and filter no help. It runs good and cuts good until it decides to shutdown. Took the carb apart its clean. 135 psi cold. Changed the already fresh plug it was a little black no help. What else do I need to check?

i'm guessing the air leak could be in multiple places?? Where to start checking at?

with the saw having such low compression ,first thing id do is re-ring it. new seals, new fuel line and impulse hose,check intake boot for holes or cracks.

Pull the muffler. Look at the piston face and then lower the piston and look at the back wall of the cylinder in search of scoring. You will then have a great day or you will :weep:

Its junk!!!!, pm me for proper disposal!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

i guess you could say ive had a few 372's myself and built probably 50 of them. they all fell in the 150 range.

with the saw having such low compression ,first thing id do is re-ring it. new seals, new fuel line and impulse hose,check intake boot for holes or cracks.

Where do you get your new ring from Husky dealer or aftermarket?

caber rings work great. if youve got a saw at the low side of compression and use a compression release ,that may be your problem with starting. i have had many saws that just woulnt start when using the decomp.

Oh didnt know that thanks! I have been using the decomp valve. I can only get it to start once it has completly cooled down.

try it without the decomp and it should fire much easier,as in first pull warm.

just tried starting it, engine cool, nothing after 10 pulls. checked fire has it. put drop of fuel in cylinder still nothing after 10 more pulls. is it possible to have a spark but not strong enough to start it?

its possible that the cast in key way is sheared and it not firing at the right time.

Latest posts

Back