372XPW not running right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes with 2 different plugs both had spark. how do you check the ignition module to see if its bad?

no. after cranking it alot i did drop a little fuel in cylinder but still would not start. some pulls it would start to hit but never start.

Well if its getting fuel, spark and compression it should run. Two last things: timing is off or compression is below 120#. Check the tightness of the flywheel nut. How long ago did the saw last run and how did it run and start? OHH how is your spark arrestor in the muffler, it should be clean...

Last edited:
if you want it fixed i live an hour from you.

I had planned on bringing it to you anyways to port it, whenever my funds become available that is. I will pull the flywheel off tomorrow and check the shear key as you stated earlier and go from there. my have to make a trip to you for this problem.

Well if its getting fuel, spark and compression it should run. Two last things: timing is off or compression is below 120#. Check the tightness of the flywheel nut. How long ago did the saw last run and how did it run and start? OHH how is your spark arrestor in the muffler, it should be clean...

I used it today, almost everyday. It ran fine cutting a few pieces until it decides to die as soon as I lift the throttle sometimes I can keep it running. It's been getting harder to start here lately as in used to be 2nd pull cold now on 5th pull and warm 1st pull now 3 or more pulls. I did fail to mention I checked it hot today with 90 psi if that helps any. All of them look clean (triple ported).

Go ahead and send it to tlandrum, when you get it back it will be louder and make you feel warm and fuzzy inside!!!

How sure are you about the tune? Sounds like you may be running it too lean and have scored the piston/cylinder. Did you pull the muffler and look inside the P/C? I think you should do that FIRST.

How sure are you about the tune? Sounds like you may be running it too lean and have scored the piston/cylinder. Did you pull the muffler and look inside the P/C? I think you should do that FIRST.

I am going to pull the muff and look inside today.

Update....pulled the muffler off today and the exhaust side of the piston is scored, rings look real bad. The intake side of the cylinder looked fairly good though. Hopefully the cylinder is salvagable. I'm guessing this is from the saw running too lean. thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone!!

Latest posts

Back