372xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also could feel a torque difference with the 75cc engine over the 71cc. Thats with a 28" bar. It's not much but it's there IMO. Seem to have a broader powerband.

My ported xpw, I would put it up against any 372 out there. There may be a few faster but it's pretty stout. The 75cc engine takes well to porting. Mine will pull a 28" bar through any hardwood with ease. IMO, if you're only pulling 24 inches then a 372xpw is all you need.

Screw walkerizing, holler at Terry Landrum or Mastermind if you want a mean XPW. Holler at Andyshine77 if you want a mean XP.

Thanks BBB, I emailed them to see if they have ever heard of the 362xpw with the 75cc motor. I asked the local dealer an he said husky never made a saw like that lol. He called the sales rep an the sales rep was clueless. Figured that it was some kind of modified cut saw, not sure what he meant. WTF, Even gave him the product # 965 70 25 05.

Thanks BBB, I emailed them to see if they have ever heard of the 362xpw with the 75cc motor. I asked the local dealer an he said husky never made a saw like that lol. He called the sales rep an the sales rep was clueless. Figured that it was some kind of modified cut saw, not sure what he meant. WTF, Even gave him the product # 965 70 25 05.

You could put a XPW top end on a 362xp.

Get a new 372.

You don't need a 390 with a 24" bar in our area. Lots o' extra weight that you will feel after hours of bucking. I doubt the 390 would be any quicker with such a short bar in small wood. The 372 is perfect with a 24-28" bar. Give it a muffler mod, retune, and off you go.

Now, if you just want a big, bad saw then you have come to the right place for encouragement! Get the 390 or even a 395. Heck, just get one of each:cool2:

I have a 75cc xpw that mastermind did for me,it pulls a 32 inch bar in fir real quick ,very impressive saw

Anybody know when the 75cc was last available , or produced ? When did everyone buy there's ? What's the difference between the 71cc saw an the 75cc , just the 4cc's ?

Anybody know when the 75cc was last available , or produced ? When did everyone buy there's ? What's the difference between the 71cc saw an the 75cc , just the 4cc's ?

You can buy a 75 cc top end from your dealer and make an xpw from a 365 or 372 ,mine started as a 365 special

The first saw is a ported 390xp the second saw is a ported 372xpw they are both wearing a 32" bar and chain. Now you can make your decision as to whether you want a 372 or 390. IMO unless you have a million hours on that 362 I would get an XPW top end for it. This should give you an idea in how close they are. The wood is poplar which is about in the middle between hard and soft wood for around here. I would not leave a 32" bar on a 372 for oiling purposes in our typically dryer hardwoods, but AFAIK the PNW guys run 32" on 372's all the time. But if I could justify buying a 28" husky techlite bar that's what it would wear all the time.
[video=youtube;cvyEmOVb3OU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyEmOVb3OU&feature=share&list=UUlP11EqbZKhK4YuwuwSEf9w[/video]

562 XP Ported and shipped $850

You should consider the 562 xp ported and shipped for $850. Just my thought.

It's not local. USA. Yes, it's the 75cc model. Is there a way to confirm that it's the 75cc model, besides the fact that the side decal says xpw , the top cover has the 75cc sticker.

The EPA sticker will say 75cc's on it. I will say that at that price, you're at what a new MS461 would run you across the border FWIW. My 461 is stronger than the 75cc XPW, as much as I love the XPW.

Last edited:
Back