372xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryBoy72

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a good deal. Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for a new in the box 372XPW or 372XP. Need to get the saw shipped up to Sumas, WA.

Thanks, there seem to be a lot better deals state side. Have heard a few guys talking on the forum about getting new in the box, at great prices. Pretty sure my local dealer has one in stock.

I know the 75cc version is NLA. There still is an xpw being made but it has the same engine as the regular xp.

I'm sure there are still some of the 75cc xpws out there somewhere, but they're getting harder to find. I used to have a good hookup on them but they are long gone now.

Last edited:
I know the 75cc version is NLA. There still is an xpw being made but it has the same engine as the regular xp.

I'm sure there are still some of the 75cc xpws out there somewhere, but they're getting harder to find. I used to have a good hookup on them but they are long gone now.
If you wanted to build one, get a used 372XP, put the big bore kit on it and a wrapper if it has a standard handle, you would be close to the factory "S" I would think.

If you go on the .ca website, it still shows the xpw model. Have emailed all the local dealers to see if the xpw is the 75cc model, if they have any in stock. Wonder why the larger US market wouldn't still offer the xpw model ?

If you go on the .ca website, it still shows the xpw model. Have emailed all the local dealers to see if the xpw is the 75cc model, if they have any in stock. Wonder why the larger US market wouldn't still offer the xpw model ?

Disregard anything you see or read on the Husqvarna website, its horrible. The 372/372xpw were phased out of the US to make way for the replacement 372xp xt. Up here in Canada the change is still taking place. 346xp NE are still available as are 372xp's, no 550's till january 2013, unless for Hydro Co's or government use, and 372xp xt's werent available here till late this summer.

I havent seen any good deals on a new or like new XPW in a while. Couple on Ebay, but they werent cheap. I love mine, grabbed it from George Kahler Sales at the Paul Bunyan show a couple years ago.

Just running the saw stock. Want something with a little more power. The 365 is an awesome saw , cut more cords of wood than I care to remember with it. Time to step up to the 372xpw, grab one before there gone. I have run both Husky's an Stihl's , I prefer the Husky's.

Never talk to a buddy who is a faller, been doing it for 25 years lol. He suggested looking seriously at the 390xp /390xpw. Regardless of powerhead, would only be running 20" & 24" B/C. How much of a step up would the 390 be over the 372 ? 390 would Definitely be a good step above my 365 :) Will see how much of a price difference there is between the 372 an the 390 , on Monday when I talk to the local dealer.

Never talk to a buddy who is a faller, been doing it for 25 years lol. He suggested looking seriously at the 390xp /390xpw. Regardless of powerhead, would only be running 20" & 24" B/C. How much of a step up would the 390 be over the 372 ? 390 would Definitely be a good step above my 365 :) Will see how much of a price difference there is between the 372 an the 390 , on Monday when I talk to the local dealer.

I was going to suggest that you skip the 372XP and go for a 390XP if you want a true "step up" from your 365.................and then I read your latest post. Listen to your buddy. Is your 365 still a good runner? A 390XP is a BIG step up over the 372XP, especially if you decide to run bars longer than 24".

They're right a 372 is not going to pull all that much harder than a 365 with a 20" bar. If your 365 is in good shape you can always just buy the XPW top end, and you'll have yourself an XPW. http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=HVP+544+25+43+02&catID= If you really want a bigger saw, like my friends said, get a bigger saw like the 390xp. The ms460 is OK if you have no other options.:msp_wink: I'd also look at a Dolmar 7910 which will have a little more grunt than a 460, plus it's smoother.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The 365 is still running strong. Would of been nice to have the bigger saw for the 33" Fir that I just dealt with. Don't get trees that big all that often, unless I head for Grandma's 34 acres. 16-24" is normal size around here.

All this talk about a 75cc version not being all that great!? Come on now I have video proof of a 75cc version spankin a bunch of ported 066/MS660's. I love my 371, but there is no replacement for displacement. Now, if you are simply saying it's aggravating to port because of all the grinding you have to do, then yeah that's a good reason to like the 71cc more. One major thing I have noticed is, that little more displacement advantage allows you to pull longer bars faster. When properly ported of course.

To the original post if your set on buying a new saw get a 390. If you ever want your 365 to be better get it ported. A good fellar told me "there is a lot in a 365".

I agree with the 71cc vs 75cc. I've run both and can't tell any difference. If porting I'd rather have the regular 372 71cc.

Actually, I felt a noticeable difference between the 71 and 75cc models, in that the XPW will pull a 28"or 32" bar better than the older 71cc model. The XPW is closer to an M460, while the 71cc XP was closer to the MS 440.

If you just want a new saw, you may want to try one of the new 372 XP XT's. I ran one for a day and it was a nice saw, and would work great with a 20-28" bar. You also may want to check out a 562XP if you will seldom go over 24" in bar length. While I have not used one personally, I do have the 555 which will run a 24" bar just fine. I believe that there is a member near Victoria that has a new 562XP. Do a search on 562 and read away.....While a 390XP is a great saw, it is really overkill in the PNW unless you are running at least a 28" bar on it. I run a 32" on mine.

A lot of guys on this site are in the NE and have shorter bars (no offence :hmm3grin2orange:) on bigger saws than we do. I wouldn't want to lug a 390 around with a 24" bar.

I am not sure what you are paying in BC, but if you can make it to Sumas you can make it 45 min further to Sedro Woolley. It might be worth a call to the saw shop there to compare.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back