390 loses battle with log pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I have a few saws that were given to me by loggers. They are hard on saws for sure. They usually spend their life in the bed of an open pickup bouncing around. Got a husky445 that they had running issues with. I bet that trip saw is a yr or two. I got it opened fuel tank and looked like water. I poured it out and it runs fine. It had a cracked fuel cap and was letting rain in. I think that was the issue. Runs so well I have not even checked for scoreing. I only have a fuel cap in it so I don't care. It has a cracked in half wrap handle but runs flawless but looks like junk!

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

I did a 390 like that about a year ago. Cases got replaced and all. Saw had maybe an hour on it total. I may actually get that one back, but it's gonna cost me a new HT-101 ($600). Still thinking on it.

I'd keep that bent bar, and hang it on the wall with a sign that says "Do you know where your chainsaw is?"

Bet the drive side case half is cracked, even if it doesn't look like it now. More will be revealed as it's torn down. Jug could be busted/cracked somewhere near the base too. That's a painful one for sure...

That bar would fit right in on the tree of shame at the tail of the dragon. Bent and broken bike parts are hung all over this tree and you have to wonder how some of that stuff really got that bent up.

Well, that for sure isn't going to buff out.
Unless someone has some donor parts, the list of parts is probably going to exceed the cost of replacing the saw. I didn't see a single piece of plastic on the saw that wasn't damaged. How come the top handle still seems in the original shape? Glad it was a saw and not a person that took a ride with the logs. Fuel caps still ok? decomp button? there's a start. Even as a parts saw, that one isn't going to be of much value.

Back