390 pipe build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I'm thinking for the baffle cone to direct the noise and stinger away from the operator (Brad).

baffle.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know that it would be necessary to kick it out like that. It's already on the right side of the saw. I would think just a slight angle would do it. I've never run a right side pipe saw though.

I don't know that it would be necessary to kick it out like that. It's already on the right side of the saw. I would think just a slight angle would do it. I've never run a right side pipe saw though.

Well...it hugs that rt. side pretty good I think the stinger will be closer than what you think. I'll do what ever you want me too, just let me know!

I'm just thinking that I don't want to kick it out any more than necessary, to keep it as compact as possible.

I'll revise the drawing to a more conservative angle. I personally wouldn't want the stinger to be that close to me. You'll have to adjust the length of the stinger so it amy not be an issue.

Why not spray the pipe with a nice ceramic?? They're available in lots of colors, like black and white. :laugh:

if you hug the pipe closer to the saw ,will heat be an issue by your right hand ?

Too much angle of the stringer out the right will cause a "powerful" saw to torque slightly sideways when revved. To much twisting of the saw can cause crooked cuts. You want it to torque upward.

Too much angle of the stringer out the right will cause a "powerful" saw to torque slightly sideways when revved. To much twisting of the saw can cause crooked cuts. You want it to torque upward.

Are you talking about a 'jet' affect? The force of the exhaust coming out of the pipe? Or something totally different?

How's this Brad?

BTW...I almost had to go to Millwaukee for the rest of the week for work! I got out of it for the time being!

baffle-1.jpg

That looks good to me, but I'll leave the final call to your judgment.

I'll get it mocked up in sheetmetal tonight and shoot you a pic to see if you like it or not. I'll make both patterns so if you want it to run straight back then I'm not sitting there with no pattern to make it from.

I'll get it mocked up in sheetmetal tonight and shoot you a pic to see if you like it or not. I'll make both patterns so if you want it to run straight back then I'm not sitting there with no pattern to make it from.

I'm sure that I don't want any less angle than the last drawing. I definitely want some angle. If you feel like that's not enough to clear my arm, then I trust your decision to go more. I'm not concerned about sound. I will always have my ear protection.

Are you talking about a 'jet' affect? The force of the exhaust coming out of the pipe? Or something totally different?

Yes, the force of the exhaust......but Brad shouldn't have to worry much with that saw......Hahahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back