390 pipe build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run a lot of race saws. My suggestion is straight back and the belly of the pipe in the high position you showed. You want to have the pipe tight in and straight. The "jet effect" is real. Don't worry about heat, if you get it that hot, a burned hand is the least of your worries.

Got it all welded tonight, just got to weld the struts on and the spring mounts to the header pipe. I have to make a clamp for the adjustable belly and then it is back to Brad!

weldedpipe004.jpg

weldedpipe019.jpg

weldedpipe018.jpg

weldedpipe020.jpg

Here is the inside of the purged weld. Looks really nice.

weldedpipe011.jpg

Well another productive long day and I really feel like doing this.

weldedpipe021.jpg

Your poor neighbors! :hmm3grin2orange:

I left that stinger a bit long so you can play with the length of it.

Looks good Gink!.....Classic workmanship......To bad it wasn't a real racesaw!

Thanks Dennis, my old man used to have a saying "The cleaner it looks, the longer it took" that is the case here! I told Brad tonight the more machinery I get to make stuff the longer my projects take to complete. As far as a real race saw...I guess that is in Brads Court on what he wants out of the saw, as long as he is happy with the job I done...I'm happy!

Well Brad it has been a fun project and glad I did it, now it's your turn!

BTW, with every pipe I do I send out a free kitten.

done001.jpg

done010.jpg

done004.jpg

done003.jpg

done006.jpg

done007.jpg

done009.jpg

Don't you think you ought to run a little mix through it to check for leaks? I'd sure like to hear that thing run------Brad probably wouldn't care would he?

now brad get over to the charity thread and bid on a chain for that saw. all the pipes and port work in the world wont do squat without a good chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back