390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for you to give us a report brother.
365 husk
372 husk
334T husk
390XP husk
:notrolls2:

Rspike said:
Waiting for you to give us a report brother.
365 husk
372 husk
334T husk
390XP husk
:notrolls2:
Looks like you are the one that has one!:rockn:

Do you know if they have fixed the low end problems that reportedly plagued the 385?

SawTroll said:
Looks like you are the one that has one!:rockn:

Do you know if they have fixed the low end problems that reportedly plagued the 385?
rispike put that in saw troll. Yes waiting is the hard part. Its ether going to be the 390 or a 395

I am leaning towards the 390 - I want a bit more power than the 385, but I am a bit put off by the weight of the 395...

weight

pbtree said:
I am leaning towards the 390 - I want a bit more power than the 385, but I am a bit put off by the weight of the 395...
Yes that is why Im interested in the 390 save 2# in weight only about 6cc less and 100.00 cheaper.

pbtree said:

gotta be a man to pack the 395:)

One thing that I'll be interested in checking out with the 390 is vibration levels. Husky's specs have it smoother than the 385 or the 395. I don't really know what to make of those vibration specs anyway. To me, my 395 is silky smooth in the cut. I have run it all day with a 36 inch bar pretty much stopping only to put gas and oil in it for a few days straight and love that about it.

So in spite of the vibration numbers, my 395 feels like the least vibration of any of my saws - smoother than my 371. If the 390 ends up considerably smoother than the 395 then I might need one of those as well.

I have cut quite a bit now with my 7900, and although the saw jumps around a bit when blipping the throttle it settles down nicely in the cut. Vibration levels with it are surprisingly low. Before I got the 7900 I was sort of planning to get a 441 and a 390, but now that I have the dolmar I like it so well that I am not so sure what I want to buy next. I used to really like my 371, but have only used that saw once since I got the 7900.

I am still considering a 390 if they are really smooth for when I want to run a slightly longer bar than the 7900 enjoys, but don't really want to pack the weight of the 395, which reads to be about 1.6 lbs heavier than the 390. My 066 has a great blend of power to weight and runs strong, but the vibration bothers my hands after a couple hours of cutting. (I won't give it up, though. It's got character.)

Bottom line, for me the 7900 makes the choice of saw in the 460, 385, 390 class a lot more difficult.

Measured vibe numbers doesn't tell the whole story.

How well they are "consealed" by the anti-vibe system also plays a major role, I believe.

SawTroll said:
Measured vibe numbers doesn't tell the whole story.

How well they are "consealed" by the anti-vibe system also plays a major role, I believe.

That makes sense.

I run alot of different kinds of tools, and in regard to vibration bothering my hands, frequency of the vibration seems to matter alot. The higher the frequency of the vibration, seems like the more it gets to my hands.

Latest posts

Back