Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go, right on the money. It's really surprising how many people bash a saw that they've never owned, never run, and never done maintenance on.

From what I have read here, most posters on this thread have run a 441, or owned them, or done maintenance on one. 'cept the Troll of course. Some like them, some do not.

Then again, some goon that knew a guy that had a BIL that said he saw another guy using a 361 once and determined that he hated it, so he made a big splash and posted a thread trashing it on AS. That's AS people for you.

Last edited:
the tree service i work for bought 4 of them.and now they sit on the shelf.compared 2 the ms440 the 440 or the 044,its nothing like ive found them cold blooded and hard starting,the boss got so pissed he flung one threw the air.their not worth their price.buy something else

the tree service i work for bought 4 of them.and now they sit on the shelf.compared 2 the ms440 the 440 or the 044,its nothing like ive found them cold blooded and hard starting,the boss got so pissed he flung one threw the air.their not worth their price.buy something else

Let the boss know I'll take them off his hands. I hear scrap steel is going for about .50 cents per pound...

Honestly, I'd try taking them to a different dealer and have them reset the carbs/check them out. However, thats why there are different flavors of ice cream, one flavor doesn't satisfy everyone.

Last edited:
Thats just it i like mine starts quick .even in the teens never used it colder than
that .guess everybody likes different stuff,

Or hype the only one they've ever used:popcorn:

I'll admit I haven't used as many saws as a lot of people posting on this sight, but I have used the ones that I own, and a few others A LOT. I can't say the 441 is better than another saw. But I can say it has been a great, strong and reliable saw for me so far. The idea that someone would dislike it so much that they would "throw it through the air" as a previous post mentioned seems silly to me, or that someone tuned them improperly, or that someone is partial to another brand.

I'd buy a 661

to be comfortable cutting down buy a real mans saw husqvarna,the have alot more hand room

really a husky is a real mans saw????? huh too bad STIHL IS #1 what number is husky?? dont disrespect stihl. i agree husky makes a good saw but they are not the best yet

I'll admit I haven't used as many saws as a lot of people posting on this sight, but I have used the ones that I own, and a few others A LOT. I can't say the 441 is better than another saw. But I can say it has been a great, strong and reliable saw for me so far. The idea that someone would dislike it so much that they would "throw it through the air" as a previous post mentioned seems silly to me, or that someone tuned them improperly, or that someone is partial to another brand.

I'd buy a 661

i was getting some info from a dealer on that the other day:jawdrop:

From what I have read here, most posters on this thread have run a 441, or owned them, or done maintenance on one. 'cept the Troll of course. Some like them, some do not.

Then again, some goon that knew a guy that had a BIL that said he saw another guy using a 361 once and determined that he hated it, so he made a big splash and posted a thread trashing it on AS. That's AS people for you.

So you joined the mob.......:popcorn: :popcorn: :givebeer:

There is no need to use them, to determine that the Strato saws are not great saws - lots of reports on them here stating they are bulky and heavy. with the 441 as the worst offender - that one also weights more than advertised, while the 575 actually weights less than advertised......

Last edited:

Mine starts with 2 pulls, 1 on choke then 1 on start. I used it all through the ice storm last year and at temps in single digits here this Winter. I actually think they run better in the cold. They're not the same as the older saws but comparable. Might as well get used to them as this is the way the saw world is going.

There is no need to use them, to determine that the Strato saws are not great saws - lots of reports on them here stating they are bulky and heavy. with the 441 as the worst offender - that also the one that weights more than advertised, while the 575 actually weights less than advertised......

How many of those "reporters" are arm chair commando's that do not work with nor on? I'm betting several.

For some, it's a great saw...for others not so much. But to dismiss it as junk, based on the words of others...when you have not run it yourself...

Well that would make one look rather...

Well trollish.

:buttkick:

There is no need to use them, to determine that the Strato saws are not great saws - lots of reports on them here stating they are bulky and heavy. with the 441 as the worst offender - that also the one that weights more than advertised, while the 575 actually weights less than advertised......

The Saw Mob. Yes! :cheers:

I may even go over to the dark side and get a Husky 372 before they are outlawed here. I need to defend :sword: myself from all these :censored: strato scavenged, cat muffler restricted, EPA approved engines coming out.

Last edited:

heavy? :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: LOLOLOL Feels like a feather-weight after using my 066 all day... Oh, it is:greenchainsaw:

This is rediculous. I bought mine 6 months ago equiped with full wrap and a 28" full skip rsc. I like the looks of it so much I refuse to actually use it, so if your buying it for pure vanity, youll love it!

So, you own one but you have never used it?

Now that is different. :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back