461 recall pinched fuel lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just saw this on local news then read it on Stihl site.
Has anyone brought their saw back?
I'd rather just replace the fuel line myself as opposed to dropping saw off for inspection/repair.

I have done several. It takes only a few mins to check out. Slip off the carb and look to see if it is routed correctly. Take it in and have it done.

Was told by my dealer that if there's a problem, bring it in...They'd recieved no notice of any recall at the time. (about a month ago when I brought it up...dist. told them there may be something coming later but wait and see)..My 461 has run perfectly for two years...now there's a problem?...If it's running fine...as it should...don't worry about it and just keep cutting. If it's just a fuel line I can take care of it if I need to...

Was told by my dealer that if there's a problem, bring it in...They'd recieved no notice of any recall at the time. (about a month ago when I brought it up...dist. told them there may be something coming later but wait and see)..My 461 has run perfectly for two years...now there's a problem?...If it's running fine...as it should...don't worry about it and just keep cutting. If it's just a fuel line I can take care of it if I need to...

I suggest you find a new dealer. Any dealer that tells you that is either too lazy to look at the saw or just does not care.

That's the "funny" thing about Stihl dealers.

No two of them think alike. :rolleyes:

Actually you would be surprised how many people do think that way! I am not looking at these saws for free, Stihl pays us. If a M-tronic saw comes in we are paid to hook it up to the laptop and have a look " under the hood ".. So why someone would say don't worry about it is beyond me? Hey bob I know there is a recall on your brakes, they could fail but you know what don't worry about it.. IF it gives you any issues just let me know! Thus far I have done about a dozen of these no pinched lines yet. But better safe than sorry right?

We had 4 that went in. None of them had the pinched line. According to the dealer, if it was pinched it would have reared its head long ago.

Latest posts

Back