5 top selling saws in your neck of the woods.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poulan and Echo 35 - 45cc saws are all the rage around here.

MS170 is all the rage in this part of Ontario.. 241 and 261 come very close. BTW what part of Ontario? The echo rep was telling us it's been a LEAN season.. see what I did there..

It's my anecdotal observation of the saws for sale locally on Kijiji. Loads of Poulans and Echos for sale, and as you mentioned, a lot of MS170's as well. I will be going to my local Stihl/Husky dealer this week - I will ask him what he sells the most of. I am guessing it will be the MS170 and MS250/251, but maybe he will surprise me.

I am in Belleville.

Here in central illinois, we have what i call the big 4. Stihl, husky, jred, echo. Actually we have alot of saw dealers. Stihl is 8 and 25 minutes away, husky is 25 minutes, jred is the same, echo is 20 minutes. Stihl keeps up to a 661. Husky keeps 562xp for sure maybe bigger, jred im sure is equal. Echo keeps a cs600p, they had to order my cs800p.

.....and theres a shindiawa about 35-40 mimutes. But i still prefer the old magnesium poulans anyway

Here in central illinois, we have what i call the big 4. Stihl, husky, jred, echo. Actually we have alot of saw dealers. Stihl is 8 and 25 minutes away, husky is 25 minutes, jred is the same, echo is 20 minutes. Stihl keeps up to a 661. Husky keeps 562xp for sure maybe bigger, jred im sure is equal. Echo keeps a cs600p, they had to order my cs800p.

The phrase "sucks to be you" definitely doesn't apply here. I'm jealous.

Believe it or not we actually have a decent logging industry around my neck of the woods. I think that plays into it some. The local stihl dealer actually keeps 30" bars for 3003 stihl mount. Lol we actually have a used car dealer in the next town who deals echos. I havent patronized husky yet but hopefully sometime i will. Theres a dealer about 30 minutes away who deals in stihl, husky and echo all three, and hes a gold level stihl dealer. The man has worked on O P E for 40 plus years, and if you call him with a problem he'll try to help you over the phone, top notch guy

Believe it or not we actually have a decent logging industry around my neck of the woods. I think that plays into it some. The local stihl dealer actually keeps 30" bars for 3003 stihl mount. Lol we actually have a used car dealer in the next town who deals echos. I havent patronized husky yet but hopefully sometime i will. Theres a dealer about 30 minutes away who deals in stihl, husky and echo all three, and hes a gold level stihl dealer. The man has worked on O P E for 40 plus years, and if you call him with a problem he'll try to help you over the phone, top notch guy

Over the phone help around here is"Probably have to buy a new saw."

Well i collect older poulans, REAL poulans, he sold them for years, so i had some running issues with a 375 farm pro he said to check under the flywheel sounds like a tore wire grounding out against the flywheel, sure enough that what it was. He actually knew i collected poulan so he called me one day and said i have an old poulan 361 it fired on prime you can have it just come get it, i still have it

Well i collect older poulans, REAL poulans, he sold them for years, so i had some running issues with a 375 farm pro he said to check under the flywheel sounds like a tore wire grounding out against the flywheel, sure enough that what it was. He actually knew i collected poulan so he called me one day and said i gave an old poulan 361 it fired on prime you can have it just come get it, i still have it

Having a dealer like that qualifies for the "You Suck" thread.

Latest posts

Back