50 dollar saw and tailgate muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guff

ArboristSite Operative
atlanta georgia..formerly from massena, new york
i'm like a lot of guys, using craigslist to buy and sell........6 months ago, bought a used 12 inch rigid compound mitre saw, near new for 100.00......so i advertised it on the site to sell it for 140.00.....the thing's near 300 new at home desperate....but i got a used makita compound slider 10 inch....so i no longer needed ol fast orange...........to make a boring story shorter....a guy called me

i drove to his house, he had a hundred cash and wanted to ####er...we shot the bull for a while and we talked saws...

he said he had one he'd give me for 40 off the ridgid....i said, what color is it.....orange he says

it was a 365 special....started and ran....no smoking...what the hell...i tried not to look too happy about the loss of 40 cash.......

got her home and gave her a bath with some old rags and dug out a couple years of slime and goo..........modded the nuff, but didnt want to over do it, as in my pic......this man couldnt sharpen a chain worth a damn, and i scraped a shotglass full of crud out of the bar grooves....only needed to adjust the limiter cap to get the burble..never removed it completely

but, i have an issue......the adjustable oiler screw was out bout 6 turns..i put her in and backed her out 2 and a hslf...i got plenty of oil for the 20 incher...but where should it be?.....was it in danger of falling out at 6 turns?...felt like it to me......i had a pretty good day....thought i'd share it with you guys.....bobby

BloodOnTheIce

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks like you got a good deal there. i don imagine you can completely unscrew it to the point where it would fall out, but I have been wrong before and will be wrong again.

Last edited:
volks-man

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
AOD had an issue withthe husq 575xp oiler screw. was suposed to be adjusted by clicks and not full turns like the manual said.
i think he wound up taking it back because the oiler was screwed after that.
probably does not apply to your saw but a 'heads up' just in case;)

Latest posts