50 fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On the thread "what fuel do you use" I inquired about the avalibility of aspen in the US. Someone said they e-mailed aspen ;and said it was not available here yet. Then There was a link to "50fuel" which is kind of the same idea.I was just wandering if anyone on here had any first hand experience with this stuff. It looks to be about $7 a gallon in quart size containers.If it is actually a good product that would not be a bad idea for occasional users. You could subtract the cost of mixing oil off the top, not alot but still a couple bucks. Thanks for any info on this product. Chub

it looks like it would have its place... and you know it might not be a bad idea if you had a couple of cans stored away.. in case of natural disaster and you dont have enough gas to mix and you cant get to the gas station and that's if they could pump gas... and for the occasional user and those that are too dumb to mix properly .. and a way around having ethanol in the gas...... and now if the gov mandates a higher ethanol content for gas.. these little engines will be seriously screwed.

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking leaving a couple up at the cabin just so I did not have to fool with taking gas cans up. If it is quality gas and quality oil its not a bad idea, plus no ethanol. They claim its 92 octaine,I was hoping someone on here tried it. There dealer search does not work. I may get some and try it on my ms180 that way if something does happen it would not be to big of a deal.

Thats what I was thinking leaving a couple up at the cabin just so I did not have to fool with taking gas cans up. If it is quality gas and quality oil its not a bad idea, plus no ethanol. They claim its 92 octaine,I was hoping someone on here tried it. There dealer search does not work. I may get some and try it on my ms180 that way if something does happen it would not be to big of a deal.

Mix up some 100LL and stihl ultra in a coleman can(s), save some $$$$.

That's what I was thinking too... cache fuel.

One could keep a dry saw and a few cans of that + a sealed jug of bar oil for a long time.

Or a 6er in the trunk of momma's DD for a get - homer deal. (wonder what it's MPG is vs pump gasoline?)

It is expensive... paying for the sealed 1qt/1l can packaging... I saw on their site that 55gl drums are 'coming soon.' How about 5gl cans!!!

aspen is what I mostly use these days, I dont have to worry about the gas from the pump.

Ive noticed that the saws just run better

Mad Professor makes a great point, but for someone without a stash of empty 1gl "Coleman cans" (or paint thinner cans) what's they to do????

Hmmm see the local auto body shop.... reducer cans, 1gl ea, Brilliant!

:dizzy: Sorry answering my own questions... :confused: :givebeer:

I thought av fuel was not good for cold temps,also I thought you have to re adjust your carb with using it,the 92 octaine in the 50 fuel you would not have to do that. If those issues arent true with av fuel thats what I will use

Mad Professor makes a great point, but for someone without a stash of empty 1gl "Coleman cans" (or paint thinner cans) what's they to do????

Hmmm see the local auto body shop.... reducer cans, 1gl ea, Brilliant!

:dizzy: Sorry answering my own questions... :confused: :givebeer:

I backpack/camp a lot. Lots of 1-gal cans handy. Paint thinner cans will work great too, hit up your local autobody shop.

GI cans are good too.

Keep things out of heat/light and sealed and it will last a long time.

There is also some BS going around that unopened mix oil will go bad......more BS

Back