5100 it is..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy am I excited

Man Frankie had that thing tuned up nice. I got to fire her up and boy I was impressed with the power. I will be cuttting with it soon and I can't wait. He threw in an extra 20LP chain and a few other things with the saw, so I think I made out pretty good. That's my first purchase in there, so I wasn't expecting any handouts. $420 once it was all said and done with tax and everything. He told me to bring her back in after 20 hours or so and he'd fine tune it. Heck of a nice fella, thanks to all for the advice!!

P.S. Hey Steve, I told him he needs to hook you up for the reference!! Thanks again.

Congrats!!

You'll love that saw after ya' get about 10 or so tanks through it.It really wakes up after break-in.('course a mufffler mod really helps too):clap:
Frankie's great people.His customers are almost like a cult following or something,extremely loyal.
That's no accident just great service.

Enjoy !! Steve

You'll love that saw after ya' get about 10 or so tanks through it.It really wakes up after break-in.('course a mufffler mod really helps too):clap:

Steve, would you mind elaborating about what muffler mods you did to your 5100?

Man Frankie had that thing tuned up nice. I got to fire her up and boy I was impressed with the power. I will be cuttting with it soon and I can't wait. He threw in an extra 20LP chain and a few other things with the saw, so I think I made out pretty good. That's my first purchase in there, so I wasn't expecting any handouts. $420 once it was all said and done with tax and everything. He told me to bring her back in after 20 hours or so and he'd fine tune it. Heck of a nice fella, thanks to all for the advice!!

P.S. Hey Steve, I told him he needs to hook you up for the reference!! Thanks again.

Well...........................Have you had a chance to run it?

No, but I'm itchin'

to get that thing going. The neighbor's tree should be coming down in the next week or so, so she'll get a good workout then. I was up at the farm last weekend to drop off some brush, but didn't have time to do much else (plus it was 100 degrees). This weekend, I've got my boys birthday party, but I may try to slide up there just to give her a test run.

Sorry I'll get some pictures in the daylight.Basically just gutted the muffler and added 2 small holes in the side.Just wanted to let her breath better.Sounds awesome too.

If I remember right I started with 1/4" holes and worked my way up to about7/16"'
I stopped when I ran out of adjustment on the high side and was still 4-stroking.I have not removed the limiters.

Just be sure and remove and clean all filings out of the muffler before you start it.

Suck Back is a ##### !!

You could always head up to the fairgrounds in Woodstock.They just bulldozed the apple orchard out back.I got a pretty good supply of apple for "smoking" on the grill.

How does the .325 compare to .375 square grind. I've been running 72CLX on everything for about a yr now. When I put an 73LGX on I could tell quite a difference so I filled it square.

Sorry I'll get some pictures in the daylight.Basically just gutted the muffler and added 2 small holes in the side.Just wanted to let her breath better.Sounds awesome too.

If I remember right I started with 1/4" holes and worked my way up to about7/16"'
I stopped when I ran out of adjustment on the high side and was still 4-stroking.I have not removed the limiters.

Just be sure and remove and clean all filings out of the muffler before you start it.

Suck Back is a ##### !!

Thanks Steve!.....Pictures would be great, when you get the time! :cheers:

Lol

I can see it now....I just begged my wife to let me get this saw and she happens to see me drilling holes in the muffler. How would I explain that one!!

I can see it now....I just begged my wife to let me get this saw and she happens to see me drilling holes in the muffler. How would I explain that one!!

I know how you feel :) . Worst case though whats a new muffler 30-40 bucks?

-LouieIV :givebeer:

I just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and only a have a few tanks through it, but it runs great. I'm sure your going to be very happy with your new saw.

-LouieIV :cheers:

Well with all this talk about the Domar 5100 saw, I just had to give one a try. Been setting up chain combos too! .325 with a 8 pin sprocket with 66dl's is working pretty darn good!

p101001302ft5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now three... then four... then ten... :chainsaw:

hahah

I have yet to run a 5100, but I cant wait to get that chance. Someday, the wait just might get to me and I'll have to get one for myself. I dont need permission though, thats the beautiful thing about being single :givebeer:

Evanrude, I think we have met some place before?

p101034901mi7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Evanrude, I think we have met some place before?

p101034901mi7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hah yeah. We had an old ski boat when I was little which had an Evinrude motor on it, so since my name was Evan, my parents started calling me Evanrude. So, it was kinda my nickname given to me by my family when I was little.

You don't explain.........you just grin real big and giggle a lot.............she'll leave you be for quite awhile.............My wife does'nt even come near the barn anymore.

Well with all this talk about the Domar 5100 saw, I just had to give one a try. Been setting up chain combos too! .325 with a 8 pin sprocket with 66dl's is working pretty darn good!

p101001302ft5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No real surprice there - but I haven't tried it yet......

Hopefully I will next week - the 5100 is a convenient test "vehicle" because of the inboard clutch.

Btw, your "shortie" will be in the mail tomorrow.....

Last edited:
Back