5100S dolmar saga

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eecho

Eecho

ArboristSite Operative
Something is very wrong with your 036 unless you are comparing cuts in twiddle sticks.

Un huh , I think the 036 is tuned perfect . Cutting 18" white oak the dolmar out cuts . Stihls dont turn the rpm the dolmar seems to. I can say one thing thats wrong with the stihl , it starts on the third pull . I was always under the impression most stihls are hard to start lol. Maybe thats whats wrong it runs right . Now I know the 036 can run a 24" bar but I like a 20 rollomatic es wide nose because its heavy and the 24 seems too much but the dolmar gives it and my 262 a run with the 20" . I think either I have a exceptional dolmar or two 60+ cc saws that are dogs but the latter is highly unlikely.

DB43725

DB43725

ArboristSite Operative
How right you ARE

Perhaps those dudes were a bit too much for some of the smucks that sold them as well?

Just because you are a dealer doesn't mean you know crap about the product you peddle.

Or how to tune them correctly.

I went and bought this saw,,,, Anyway just being interested ,I pulled the limiter caps and turned them in till they seated lightly,,,well the H screw was only out three/ fourths of a turn and the L was out on/half of a turn no wonder it burnt up,,,wonder it lasted as long as it did. Spark plug was white,,, SUPER LEAN in my book...
O by the way it had a cat muffler on it.

Last edited:
Andyshine77
Completely bias. A bunch of different bars and chains. 7900 had like a 24' bar and the 372xp had like a 16' bar.

Try again. Theres so much wrong about that video tbh.

You're a goof, the 50cc saw comparison was done with the same bars and same chain. After we got the times down we just had fun cutting with different saws. :msp_rolleyes: The 372 had a 16" bar and a not so stock chain.

Latest posts