5100S dolmar saga

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something is very wrong with your 036 unless you are comparing cuts in twiddle sticks.

Un huh , I think the 036 is tuned perfect . Cutting 18" white oak the dolmar out cuts . Stihls dont turn the rpm the dolmar seems to. I can say one thing thats wrong with the stihl , it starts on the third pull . I was always under the impression most stihls are hard to start lol. Maybe thats whats wrong it runs right . Now I know the 036 can run a 24" bar but I like a 20 rollomatic es wide nose because its heavy and the 24 seems too much but the dolmar gives it and my 262 a run with the 20" . I think either I have a exceptional dolmar or two 60+ cc saws that are dogs but the latter is highly unlikely.

How right you ARE

Perhaps those dudes were a bit too much for some of the smucks that sold them as well?

Just because you are a dealer doesn't mean you know crap about the product you peddle.

Or how to tune them correctly.

I went and bought this saw,,,, Anyway just being interested ,I pulled the limiter caps and turned them in till they seated lightly,,,well the H screw was only out three/ fourths of a turn and the L was out on/half of a turn no wonder it burnt up,,,wonder it lasted as long as it did. Spark plug was white,,, SUPER LEAN in my book...
O by the way it had a cat muffler on it.

Last edited:
Completely bias. A bunch of different bars and chains. 7900 had like a 24' bar and the 372xp had like a 16' bar.

Try again. Theres so much wrong about that video tbh.

You're a goof, the 50cc saw comparison was done with the same bars and same chain. After we got the times down we just had fun cutting with different saws. :msp_rolleyes: The 372 had a 16" bar and a not so stock chain.

Latest posts

Back