5100s erratic rev no power at wot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlmar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everybody. Been following some of you for awhile now. Watching/learning. Just joined.

Got a dolly 5100s awhile ago. Fairly low hours. Muff modded and limiters removed. Seems to erratic rev very harsh at no load wot. When in cut seems to lack power. Occasionally comes out of it and runs like a dolmars always should. Any advice?

I have great compression. Starts on first pull and runs great on low end. Throttle response and power good until higher rpms. Which direction does a guy head with that carb? Carb is set best I can to make it run on H side

Hard to understand what ur describing. Any chance of a video? Regardless i wouldnt run it much more, erratic idle and low power under load arent good things and could be symptoms of something that could be fatal

Might be good to take that carb apart and clean it really well and put a kit in it. Be sure you check the height of the inlet lever also. Set the carb screws back to specs but back the screws out about one fourth turn to allow for muffler mods then test it again..

sounds like your hitting the limiter.

Got a dolly 5100s awhile ago. Fairly low hours. Muff modded and limiters removed. Seems to erratic rev very harsh at no load wot. When in cut seems to lack power. Occasionally comes out of it and runs like a dolmars always should. Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I should already own a tach....I know I know. Haven't got a good chance to look it over again. I'll start with a tach and try to confirm what i hear. Then tear it down again and recheck lines and carb. Thanks

When I did get it I found this. Was tearing it down to clean and inspect cylinder. I asked the guy I got it from and he said it was rebuilt by dealer for lean issue. Looks like the dealer does good work.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    609 KB · Views: 24
Yes. When I bought it. Previous owner said there was maybe 6 tanks through it after the rebuild.

Back