550xp first tank video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I'm trying to get it before I leave. All of this is to be bucked into firewood lengths.

IMG9159-M.jpg

IMG9158-M.jpg

IMG9157-M.jpg

Anyone know of a 550 in stock within 100 miles of Cincy or Franklin? I was really hoping to put a fair amount of fuel through it next week.

Holy smokes batman not even shipped yet??? :msp_scared:

Brad,

Consider having it shipped to your final destination?? Possibly pay a few extra dollars for expedited shipping?? Just thinking out loud.

The standard for this area is "yellow 44" for near all conditions as the humidity levels throughout the year greatly limit the use of the flocked filter. When conditions get cold enough, some users......ha who am I kidding, hell most dont ever use the winter kit, let alone open the shutter to get some heat to the carb during the cold months, they just complain there saws run like crap.

I don't care to cut in really bad weather, so I never used the blue winter kit - but I open that shutter when it gets close to zero celsius...

Should I wait for the 550 or would I be just as happy with a 261? I can't find specs on 550? Weight HP?? Any help would be appreciated. I currently have 562XP,576XP,460,395,880. It is not a need just a want to cover all bases in my collection??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There's no waiting for the 550, it's out! Get the saw that embraces technology, not reject it!

I like the flocked also but it amazes me how many old Johnys come through here with mesh and a ton of hours. Many old saws did just fine with them....would be interesting to see the engine life difference.

I see it also,but in my area a flocked filter is like running with partial choke on all the time. It all has to do with climate. filter choices vary greatly by region, likewise as does chain pitch and gauge. The .325 vs 3/8 on the best example, the 55 was purely regional here in Canada and could not be ordered differently than what was available in ones area.
Consider this.....the venerable 372 never came with the HD filter here in Canada, now that I finally have the 365/372xt's in stock alot of customers heads are going wtf is that high top hat thingy, hell can't even rest my coffee on the top of that to keep it out of the snow!

Engine life is dependant upon the user, plain and simple.

I guess I should say the flocked filter is more of a personal preference. Im sure once the nylon filter gets a little dirty it filters fairly well. I cut some dry dusty stuff from time to time and just like the flocked fiter....although Im sure the nylon flows more air :msp_sneaky:.

Should I wait for the 550 or would I be just as happy with a 261? I can't find specs on 550? Weight HP?? Any help would be appreciated. I currently have 562XP,576XP,460,395,880. It is not a need just a want to cover all bases in my collection??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you, looks to be quite a bit lighter.

I wouldn't presume to tell you what you'd be happy with but if it were me, I'd get the 550XP. :msp_biggrin:

No doubt here, just get the 550xp! :msp_sad:

I see it also,but in my area a flocked filter is like running with partial choke on all the time. It all has to do with climate. filter choices vary greatly by region, likewise as does chain pitch and gauge. The .325 vs 3/8 on the best example, the 55 was purely regional here in Canada and could not be ordered differently than what was available in ones area.
Consider this.....the venerable 372 never came with the HD filter here in Canada, now that I finally have the 365/372xt's in stock alot of customers heads are going wtf is that high top hat thingy, hell can't even rest my coffee on the top of that to keep it out of the snow!

Engine life is dependant upon the user, plain and simple.

I have never seen a high top 372xp here either, and never a flocked air filter - there simply is no need for it! :msp_smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back