555/562XP update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The new Husky catelogs are out, at least on the dealer site. I ordered some, but don't have them yet.

The catelogs contain both the 555 and 562XP. There's no 560 version, so it appears they've decided against the idea of a choice of bar mounts.

The 357 and 359 are still listed, so they'll be around for another year or so. (which means we likely won't see a Jonsered version of the new models for a while) The 365 is also listed, so the X-Torq version of that saw is on the way. Going to be plenty of saws to choose from as the new models overlap the old ones for a while.

I have no new info about "when", but I'll of course be on here blabbering about it as soon as I know anything.

I've never been a spec guy, in part because the specs always seem to be different depending on where you're looking at the moment. But for you guys that are, here's how they are listed in the catelog.

Both saws are 59.8CC and 12.3 lbs. Power is shown as 4.7 for the 562 and 4.3 for the 555.

As a side note, the 357 and 359 are both listed as 12.1 lbs, which is comical, as they easily weigh more than the new saws. Somebody either has to fix the scale or stop compiling these specs while intoxicated. :)

The new Husky catelogs are out, at least on the dealer site. I ordered some, but don't have them yet.

The catelogs contain both the 555 and 562XP. There's no 560 version, so it appears they've decided against the idea of a choice of bar mounts.

The 357 and 359 are still listed, so they'll be around for another year or so. (which means we likely won't see a Jonsered version of the new models for a while) The 365 is also listed, so the X-Torq version of that saw is on the way. Going to be plenty of saws to choose from as the new models overlap the old ones for a while.

I have no new info about "when", but I'll of course be on here blabbering about it as soon as I know anything.

I've never been a spec guy, in part because the specs always seem to be different depending on where you're looking at the moment. But for you guys that are, here's how they are listed in the catelog.

Both saws are 59.8CC and 12.3 lbs. Power is shown as 4.7 for the 562 and 4.3 for the 555.

As a side note, the 357 and 359 are both listed as 12.1 lbs, which is comical, as they easily weigh more than the new saws. Somebody either has to fix the scale or stop compiling these specs while intoxicated. :)

Spike can I use that on Sawtroll everytime he boasts Stihl lies about their weight, thanks, now I can bury one in him and give him a taste of his own medicine,LOLOL

Spike can I use that on Sawtroll everytime he boasts Stihl lies about their weight, thanks, now I can bury one in him and give him a taste of his own medicine,LOLOL

LOL - I have posted a lot about the fake weight specs of the 357xp/359 in the past, to the point of annoying some members! :cheers:

LOL - I have posted a lot about the fake weight specs of the 357xp/359 in the past, to the point of annoying some members! :cheers:

Fake weights, hell just say it like you do toward Stihl, Husky lies about their weight,LOLOL

Ya know Troll I'm finding out with the 362 people don't really care about weight. The 362 is selling just as well as the old 361. I didn't think it would but its really been moving off the shelf quite well. I thought the price would hamper it more than the weight, not so.

Finally got my hands on some 261's. Had a 260 and a 261 being handled by a customer this past Saturday. He was looking them over very closely. He perferred the 261 for the new vib system and air filter system. He liked the bar nut deal too. He never said a word about the weight between the two, the 261 is abit heavier for sure but once again didn't seem to matter and surely you know me, I didn't bother to tell him it was a tad heavier,hehe

Be my guest ole buddy!

He has said for a while that the 357/359 are heavy vs what they are supposed to be according to the specs.

Glad to hear that the 362 is selling well. I ran Blood's when they first came out, and thought it was a nice saw. Local guy I know has some trouble moving them, but he sells a lot of 391's. Ya know, sometimes I think dealers are more afraid of prices than the customers. They just don't know how to sell the better saw.

Be my guest ole buddy!

He has said for a while that the 357/359 are heavy vs what they are supposed to be according to the specs.

Glad to hear that the 362 is selling well. I ran Blood's when they first came out, and thought it was a nice saw. Local guy I know has some trouble moving them, but he sells a lot of 391's. Ya know, sometimes I think dealers are more afraid of prices than the customers. They just don't know how to sell the better saw.

Thanks man, ole Troll knows I'm just pestering him, with your quote I'll nail him to the wall everytime I catch him now,LOLOLOL

Yeah the prices do seems to shock the dealer as much as the customer sometime. I've gotten to where I just say Stihl prices them, I just sell them. For the most part people are just like me, if they it want they buy it.

Thinking about hanging that D28 of mine on the shop wall. When someone groans about the price of a new saw I'll say ya think thats high, look at this 4lb piece of wood, dayumm if that won't wake em up,hahaha

Fake weights, hell just say it like you do toward Stihl, Husky lies about their weight,LOLOL .....

That fake weight spec actually was part of the reason I chose the MS361 oer the 357xp back in 2004 - it is anything but a recent "discovery"! :msp_rolleyes:

Thanks for the update Spike!

it is smoother and up to .7lbs lighter, unless it is weighs less than advertised. i don't think it will make me trade one of my 262's in, but for the person deciding bw the 362 and 562, then i think they will have a hard time picking the cream-sickle unless they are wearing those stihl-colored shades.

Thinking about hanging that D28 of mine on the shop wall. When someone groans about the price of a new saw I'll say ya think thats high, look at this 4lb piece of wood, dayumm if that won't wake em up,hahaha

Now that I have the pic deal figured out, (thanks again Mike), I'll post some pics of my "Axe's" in the off topic forum. I have a late 1940's Gibson archtop that I got for $100. The Strat, a real nice Guild 12 string. If you thought the D28 was harder on your fingers compared to your Strat, you ought to try the 12.

555/562XP Canadian Update

Up here we just have the teasers about the 555 and 562XP being available in the fall of 2011........along with the 560XP. Service school is usually sometime in March/April, so hopefully will get a little hands on time. Other news is the 346 and 353 Trio Brake are now available, the 570 is only available as a 570AT or 570G AT, and the 372XP and 372XPW are still the old models.........non x-torq. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Thanks Spike!!!!

Now any friggin day they wanna put the thing on the market, it would be nice.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

it is smoother and up to .7lbs lighter, unless it is weighs less than advertised. i don't think it will make me trade one of my 262's in, but for the person deciding bw the 362 and 562, then i think they will have a hard time picking the cream-sickle unless they are wearing those stihl-colored shades.

I would like to see a 560xp in Sweden. The 562xp has impressive power/weight but a 560 with small mount will take the weight further down to the weight of the 261, but then with 4,7 hp :msp_love::msp_love:

I would like to see a 560xp in Sweden. The 562xp has impressive power/weight but a 560 with small mount will take the weight further down to the weight of the 261, but then with 4,7 hp :msp_love::msp_love:

Now,now...Them Stihl guys like thier saws Fat and slow and are very happy with 'em that way. No need to gloat

Too much.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Up here we just have the teasers about the 555 and 562XP being available in the fall of 2011........along with the 560XP. .....

I still suspect that the availiability of the 562xp vs. the 560xp (or both) will vary between markets. Time will tell! ;)

This link has prolly been posted before,
A World Leader in Chain Saws Just Got Better

It's a Husky press release talking about the lightning up of the rotational moving parts and the "new" three piece MAGNESIUM crank.

The saws specs are very impressive, hope it's a winner for Husky but wonder how this material will hold up long term. There is some wonderful alloys on the market today, so it may prove the way of the future. I wonder if less rotational mass will effect torque any, prolly what rev boost is designed for to offset any torque loss.

Can't wait to try one out.

From pictures (posted earlier) it looks like the air filter (cover really) is higher on the 562xp than on the 560xp. That may account for some of the weight difference.....

I guess we have to wait for the production saws to really know any details.

Latest posts

Back