560 XP toast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Why so much of it..?? - Yesterday Andy and maybe others said I didn't do the research..I didn't understand...

Well...today is another day...and I still don't understand..!!...32:1 in a modern saw...Why..??

I'm 'open' to any explanation..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I agree that 32:1 isn't ideal, but the effect it has on the gasoline to air mix likely is handled just fine by the AT.

Worst case - it will score the top end when a "flake" of carbon loosens - but I am not saying that is what happened, as I have no way of knowing that!

It just is a possibility.

Right

I am just reconsidering the effect a 32:1 mix is having on my 441 while milling. I only use it occasionally for milling but still use the heavy mix when I do.

Right

I am just reconsidering the effect a 32:1 mix is having on my 441 while milling. I only use it occasionally for milling but still use the heavy mix when I do.

I am no expert, but I believe a slightly richer carb setting will do more good than more oil in the fuel.

If the 441 isn't a cm, the extra oil actually will make the fuel to air mix leaner - unless you adjust the carb (the extra oil displaces fuel).

And Why so much of it..?? - Yesterday Andy and maybe others said I didn't do the research..I didn't understand...

Well...today is another day...and I still don't understand..!!...32:1 in a modern saw...Why..??

I'm 'open' to any explanation..!!
J2F

Here is some reading. I have personally found to be true.
Shep

http://www.bridgestonemotorcycle.com/documents/oilpremix6.pdf
The R/C Aircraft Proving Grounds - 2 Cycle Oil Test Summary
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Some food for thought....

32:1 mix = 32/33 parts fuel... OR 96.97% gasoline.
50:1 mix = 50/51 parts fuel... OR 98.04% gasoline.

If you are trying to say that AT can't compensate for that small of difference, you are crazy... AND, this shouldn't be an oil thread.
If the OP is honest, this is either AT failure OR a major air leak on a new saw.

TFB

Here is some reading. I have personally found to be true.
Shep
]
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

I believe thats good info.
Back in my younger days, an older friend of the family bought a new enduro 125 the same time I did and he also had heard to and did run his hard through break in. I did mine by the book, and his always seemed to be faster and more powerful.
Back to the subject, has it ever been determined what caused the seizure ?

First off thanks for the info...however...there are several things not right...

1) The first one is dated 1978...so it's over 35 years old - it's just simply out dated.

2) I liked this one the best of the 3 - It is more in touch with modern times.

3) The author said some things in the article are controversial - I agree with some and disagree with others
....Like "Don't use synthetic oil while 'breaking in' a new motor...that just an old fallacy..that it's just too slick...
....to get the rings to seat properly - Well..then why do high $ cars (Corvette, Porsche etc.) come with 'Syn oil' stock..??

And Stihl and Husqvarna certainly don't recommend 'dino oil' to be used in a new saw..Stihl doubles the warranty if you
buy at least a 6-pack of their Ultra synthetic oil at original purchase of their various products..saws..trimmers etc.
J2F

I am starting to wonder when Lukes saw is going to be diagnosed regarding what made it fail?

As it is, this thread is going nowhere.....

b

I am starting to wonder when Lukes saw is going to be diagnosed regarding what made it fail?

As it is, this thread is going nowhere.....
He was going to take it back to the dealer...as you know...and that was many pages back..!!

I can only guess the dealer does NOT have the Husky diagnostic program to check the problem out..??

Anyways...it shouldn't take this long for an answer - I think Husky should just give him a new saw..!!
(dealer sends Husky the saw...they figure it out - OP has new saw - and all dealers that are selling the
AT saws should have the diagnostic program to get it diagnosed and repaired promptly..like within days..!!)

I'm not knocking Husky..but..Stihl's 441 C/M either doesn't have many problems..or are repaired promptly...
or are given a new saw...I don't know which one it is..?? - And of course.maybe the OP just didn't reply back..??
J2F

The OP might as well just go out and buy a new saw.
He tore into a saw under warranty, so thats gone now.

The delay in this case is with the owner of the saw.

Sorry...I don't understand what 'actions' the OP did...as for you saying..."tearing into the saw"..??

Please clarify what it is he did for you to say he "tore into the saw"....I don't think he did any adjustments..??

If I'm wrong...then so be it and I''ll admit I'm wrong..!!
J2F

Last edited:

Did he ever answer my question about how old the saw was? I haven't seen an answer, and I don't know how long the warrranty is where he is?

I was checking over all my saws today and pulled the spark plug on my 562xp and after countless tanks or gallon of Shell 93 octane V Power and Motul 800 2T road racing mixed at 32:1 and after almost 4 months of daily use here is my spark plug.View attachment 306455

Did he ever answer my question about how old the saw was? I haven't seen an answer, and I don't know how long the warrranty is where he is?
ST...I think he said in one of his posts that the saw was 7 months old...

I tried...but can't find the actual account of that statement...and I'm too lazy to look deeper into it..!!
J2F

Sorry...I don't understand what 'actions' the OP did...as for you saying..."tearing into the saw"..??

Please clarify what it is he did for you to say he "tore into the saw"....I don't think he did any adjustments..??

If I'm wrong...then so be it and I''ll admit I'm wrong..!!
J2F

This would be "tearing into the saw".View attachment 306458

Back