560 XP toast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oil doesn't burn...it's the gasoline that burns..the oil is just the lubricant..:bang:

A 32:1 mix is just nuts in a modern saw...WHY..??...No purpose served...and Tooo-Tooo lean...= 1 fried piston

It's not the saw's fault...it was doing what it was designed to do...this is operator error...IMHO..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Another reason as to why is for a high demand job like milling. The saws need the lube for the WOT for an extended period. I have been running my 441 m with 32:1 and is has gone well, I wouldn't imagine subjecting the saw to anything less.

RPM.

Everything else is for diagnostics. The systems bases it's reactions on RPM alone after making a change to the mixture - which is leaning it out. If the RPM's raise, drop, or stay the same - that's the data it bases the mixture on. It only does this at WOT under load. There is a throttle position sensor so it knows. It has a temp sensor on the carb also. It does not read engine temps or exhaust temps, only carb temps.
Good info! That's how it's been explained to me though I wasn't aware of the temp sensor on the carb. Or maybe I misunderstood that it measures ambient temperature.

I've seen many saws with carbon stuck rings. No comp, low power, ugly looking cylinder but can be honed with some scotch brite. Clean the groove, pop a new ring in and they're good to go. 99.9% of the time it's bad fuel and poor oil related, no matter how much the owner swears up and down it's the cleanest high test fuel and the best synthetic oil.
In both my AT's, I've decided (for now) to run nothing but Husky pre-mix (took advantage of the 4-yr warranty). I'm hoping that this eliminates or severely reduces the occurrence of fuel mix problems. Plus, since I'm not a professional sawyer and my saws might sit for a month or two, I won't have to worry about stale fuel and the wretched ethanol troubles.

Good info! That's how it's been explained to me though I wasn't aware of the temp sensor on the carb. Or maybe I misunderstood that it measures ambient temperature.

In both my AT's, I've decided (for now) to run nothing but Husky pre-mix (took advantage of the 4-yr warranty). I'm hoping that this eliminates or severely reduces the occurrence of fuel mix problems. Plus, since I'm not a professional sawyer and my saws might sit for a month or two, I won't have to worry about stale fuel and the wretched ethanol troubles.

What exactly is ambient temperature for a saw and what part would it affect the most? The carb ;)

You should have zero fuel related problems running the pre-mix fuel. I'm not sure about your area, but I sell SEF fuel for less than the Husky pre-mix. It's a no brainer as it costs me a whole lot less. But I sell the Husky pre-mix for obvious reasons.

I have all my commercial chop saw customers running 32:1 it just aint enough at 50:1 there burning up top ends every two months but now they havent toasted one since march when they started coming to me.

personally that burnt up cyl looks like an air leak looks like the AT tried but it got progressively worse. you should send it out and have it ported and fixed.

Another reason as to why is for a high demand job like milling. The saws need the lube for the WOT for an extended period. I have been running my 441 m with 32:1 and is has gone well, I wouldn't imagine subjecting the saw to anything less.
Yes..I agree totally for a specific use and milling would for sure be one..!!

I just can't get my head around anyone using 32:1 in general cutting..?? - but it's their stuff.. soo..do what you want..!!

I'm off to the movies..!!
J2F

Yes..I agree totally for a specific use and milling would for sure be one..!!

I just can't get my head around anyone using 32:1 in general cutting..?? - but it's their stuff.. soo..do what you want..!!

I'm off to the movies..!!
J2F

movies suck :givebeer:

What exactly is ambient temperature for a saw and what part would it affect the most? The carb ;)
Yeah, yeah, yeah... :dunno:

You should have zero fuel related problems running the pre-mix fuel. I'm not sure about your area, but I sell SEF fuel for less than the Husky pre-mix. It's a no brainer as it costs me a whole lot less. But I sell the Husky pre-mix for obvious reasons.
I haven't found SEF pre-mix available locally but I'm using TruFuel from Lowe's ($5/qt in a 6-pack) in my other 2-stroke equipment. Sure, it's more expensive than regular mix but I'm tired of gummy fuel lines and carbs needing rebuilds every season.

I haven't found SEF pre-mix available locally but I'm using TruFuel from Lowe's ($5/qt in a 6-pack) in my other 2-stroke equipment. Sure, it's more expensive than regular mix but I'm tired of gummy fuel lines and carbs needing rebuilds every season.

my 660evl is like 25 years old never had a carb rebuild...runs like a top. never had a personal piece of equipment need a rebuild ever unless I was resurrecting it from DOA. I just run premium pump gas and syn oil too no canned stuff

That's a good price. Everywhere around here gets $7-9/qt. I get $6 for SEF and $32/case6, cheapest of anywhere I can find in my area.

I have seen first hand, in a 562, massive buildup of "smut"/ carbon, over the course of just 20 tanks of use mixed at 32:1. I will not mention the oil being used, cause this is not an oil thread...
But could deposits cause excessive heat? From what I understand of auto tunes, temp is one of the inputs it can compensate for...
Right?
And did I see scuffing on the intake side of that cylinder?

The pics are too unclear for me to make out where and how extensive the damage is - but carbon surely can cause scoring.

Even if this isn't an "oil" thread, I would have liked to know what oil he used!

Last edited:
The pics are too unclear for me to make out where and how extensive the damage is - but carbon surely can cause scoring.

Even if this isn't an "oil" thread, I would have liked to know what oil he used!

And Why so much of it..?? - Yesterday Andy and maybe others said I didn't do the research..I didn't understand...

Well...today is another day...and I still don't understand..!!...32:1 in a modern saw...Why..??

I'm 'open' to any explanation..!!
J2F

Latest posts

Back