562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to hunt in the Catskills at a cabin that belonged to one of my Uncle's friends. My Uncle and I did all the wood cutting, with bow saws, for several years till I got my Homelite Super II. I started hunting up there when I was 16, and did not get a chainsaw till I was about 26 or 27. My Uncle always had a wood stove for heat, and never owned a chainsaw! He was old school! We were always dragging (by hand) 4-6" logs to to cabin.

Often, you could not get a vehicle up there in the winter, and we back packed food & water in.

I got married when I was 25, and my FIL was a tree surgeon and he taught me how to use a chainsaw. The company used all Homelite XLs at the time.

We used to hunt in the Catskills at a cabin that belonged to one of my Uncle's friends. My Uncle and I did all the wood cutting, with bow saws, for several years till I got my Homelite Super II. I started hunting up there when I was 16, and did not get a chainsaw till I was about 26 or 27. My Uncle always had a wood stove for heat, and never owned a chainsaw! He was old school! We were always dragging (by hand) 4-6" logs to to cabin.

Often, you could not get a vehicle up there in the winter, and we back packed food & water in.

I got married when I was 25, and my FIL was a tree surgeon and he taught me how to use a chainsaw. The company used all Homelite XLs at the time.
And then, and only then, you got an 044 and life as you know it, was changed forever..............:D

man you guys got it rough. i started cutting wood with a husky 32 at 6 years old, quickly upgraded to about 3 266's, 1 272, 5-6 288's and probably upwards to 15 2100's by age 8 :D ran those aquiring more of the same models til about 12-13 i guess and bought my first brand new saw. was my 372 and i still got it. then by 15-16 i guess i bought my first 3120 cause i wanted the biggest saw. ever since then my interest has dwindled. still like saws but i'm not into collecting a bunch of shelf queens. i now own one of ever size cc and a few others kicking for sale. been cutting wood religiously since 96 and that was the same year i started working on saws. more into using a nice running saw then collecting a bunch of them that just collect dust on a shelf.

edit: almost forgot to mention the pile of stihls aquired through the years. at one point i owned nearly 10 044's. people here are just having their CAD kick off. i've been there and done that many times already in my life. seems i aquire a bunch then realize all i need is this many, then one day something spikes my interest again only to end up aquiring a bunch more again. it's a vicious cycle and i'm trying to control it better now. anything i really don't need is gonna get sent down the road for now on. this site does not help at all LOL

Think saw is breaking in well. I think its the 6th tank.of.gas maybe seven not.sure cut two cords of white.oak and red.maple. buried the bar in 30" white oak stump. 562 ate it up. It had gone of torque.

Full chisel
Glad that you are happy with your choice.

Latest posts

Back