562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went with a new 562xp. I missed my CS2260 too much.
Image00010_zpsptazuq9j.jpg

Then I bought this little guy to complete my 2 saw plan. :D
20150226_141859_zps17chn1wf.jpg

You'll be pleased with the 562xp. I've been running mine for 3 or more years commercially. I got a 362 because my stihl dealer is 100% top shelf, but I've since sold the 362 and not looked back it's really not even in the same league. .. a good dealer can take up some slack but not that much lol.

Chainsaw specs and performances get so overhyped on this forum.

Example- husky 346. Years ago I had never ran one. I read page after page on here about how they are so amazing, have incredible throttle response, handle like a lambo, cure most STDs, and cut wood by themselves as long as they don't fall onto their sides. Faster forward a few years. My dad buys a 346. I run it. Hmmm. Good saw. It was light, revved nice, was pretty nimble.

I remember thinking this is a sweet saw but I was expecting so much more. You get it pounded in your head and expect them to run like alky saws.

Made it back into the woodpile today! So my carb was not in yet for my 445 because snow slowed deliveries. Used a friends ms362 man that thing is a monster compared to my 445. Cut a cord of 24" stuff in what felt like 10 minutes. I can't wait to get the 562. I agree either saw would be amazing. I cut through 12 " maple and oak like they were twigs. Chewed through a 24" red oak like it was nothing. That saw (362) is angry. STOCK

Nobody this side of Asheville cuts that quantity, not that I know of anyway. I figured you had to be further west and more rural, more access to that much wood. As far as the saws you like, I know the 562 is a great saw, ran one against my stock(not any more) 440 Stihl. With a 20" and under bar either saw should run with or possibly ahead of the 70cc class. It's with the longer bars that you would see the bigger saws shine. Keep your mind open to a good 70cc class saw such as a 440 or 441 Stihl or the 372 Husky if they come up. Ported they shine. If you want to run a ported 440 let me know.

Shea

Back