Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question Mingo, what works good to take off all of the pine tar that builds up on the saw? I have been cutting firs and pine in my horse pasture and it makes a mess of the saw.

I've ran alot of saws over the past 39 years and I meeeeeen alot. The 562 is by far the smoothest saw I have ever ran. Lite weight, fast, comfy,no vibe, balanced and you don't loose your nuts:msp_thumbsup: also I have a bunch of them but havn't had to work on one yet. My personal saw has been through 3 bars so far. Got to love it

Question Mingo, what works good to take off all of the pine tar that builds up on the saw? I have been cutting firs and pine in my horse pasture and it makes a mess of the saw.[/QUOTE

Gas will take the pitch off put some on a rag and wipe it off.

The Jack is fine I'm doing this job with my Buddy that's his skidder it's a 340. It pulls pretty good for it size a little tippy though lot quieter than the Timberjack. This lot has about 120M on 10 acres.

I love seeing pics like yours with a truck rolling through some suburban neighborhood as soccer moms gawk! Reminds me of working a couple summers for an outfit just north of Boston. We cleared a chunk of woods for a farmer to turn into hay fields and that wound up a whole lot of neighbors. Apparently they thought that because they could see his woodlot that it was theirs...they certainly weren't paying his taxes though. Three or four different times we had the cops called on us for starting the chipper before 7am or having a truck roll out and use the jake before the neighbors were awake. The one guy at the end of the road abutting the property we were working was a real clown and a nuisance. He worked from home or had a wife making big bucks too, because he would be around complaining at all hours of the day. The farmer whom we were working for finally came out to set him straight. When the farmer gave him the option of let us work and make hayfields to preserve the open space, or he could sell the whole 170 acres to the highest bidder and turn the whole thing in to a massive subdivision the guy got the hint. Never could understand why some people work so hard to interfere with other peoples work. Hope things arent that way where you're at.

What did the owners manual say? I don't have mine.

Back