562xp warm start trouble, air purge stops working for a while

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they have never not. 50:1 came about along time before the EPA.

50:1 today is still a bit excessive in the fuel/oil usage in handheld ***, EPA emissions regs are well behind the time versus those in Europe where the major saws are built.

guess one can't type o p eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, must be offensive
That be the other place that many left this place for. It's against the law to type those three letter here. :laugh:

These new strato charged saws need a little more oil. The epa does not want that though, is the reason for 50:1.

Wrong. Manufacturers have recommended 50:1 way before any epa or any other agencies had their mitts in it or even existed. Why would husqvarna or any other company design a engine that would not hold up on 50:1. If they did, that is not saying much about said brand.

Well I ran the my new 562 for eight hours this past weekend. All I can say is the saw performed flawlessly. I made sure to shut her down after making several long cuts and left it sit in direct sunlight to heat soak for a few minutes. The saw start up without any problems what so ever.

Guys this is the internet, people tend to post problems more than anything else, so always take what's posted with a big grain of salt. I've seen so called sharp chains, I've seen others mix fuel, and we all know that sometimes not all the appropriate information is always divulged.

I'm not saying that's what is going on here, just be sceptical about what's posted as we really don't know the whole story most of the time.

You have the newest version. Along with the top cover improvement there supposidly others. A husqvarna rep told a local dealer there were other changes, but would not go into detail when dealer inquired, only stating husqvarna does not like to give out that information. That's a great thing for the guy trying to sell them. Hopefully whatever was done will correct the issues some are having.

OK, so the epa isn't the reason for 50:1, but they are likely the reason for the lower emissions strato charged design.

We do like to blame the epa for most everything. :laugh:

Re: 50:1- It's been around a Long Time; however, most manuals call for 50:1 With Their Own Spec'd Oil. Any Other Oil is called for at greater densities. Example: I just dug up an old Husq 268 manual that spec'd 50:1 With Husky Oil; Any Other Oil to be mixed @ 25: 1 (!!).

In my uneducated opinion, it has to do with quality of fuel. Richer oil mix might lower the already crummy Octane rating. I could be wrong.
Octane has nothing to do with quality of gas. Lower octane is easier, or quicker to ignite, higher
octane harder to or slower to ignite.

But quality of of oil does make a difference. ;)

Octane has nothing to do with quality of gas. Lower octane is easier, or quicker to ignite, higher

I have read that low octane fuel runs hotter in a saw. Again, I have no real knowledge on the subject of gasoline chemistry.

Damn that sucks!
Thanks for the feedback ... I'm guessing this will come in handy when speaking to the Husky rep. My decomp valve showed some carbon around the edge (that I cleaned up), so might just be the same thing on mine.

Seems the days of buying bullet proof anything are long gone :nofunny:
Wondering how the new Stihl 362 will hold up?

I have sold hundreds of the 562s and haven't had any issues with scoring piston and cylinders. Different areas are different though and there is an updated piston and cylinder which addresses this issue. Piston shape is different. Went into production late last year, week 46 I think. Other updates included the new top cover with vent holes to help get cylinder temperature down and also an updated oil pump with metal inserts in the holes to help keep the screws tight. Also in production from late last year are new crank carrier bearings. There are other small changes but these are the most important ones.

Whoa, did I miss something? It's running fine now? What was the fix, just the air filter?

You have the newest version. Along with the top cover improvement there supposidly others. A husqvarna rep told a local dealer there were other changes, but would not go into detail when dealer inquired, only stating husqvarna does not like to give out that information. That's a great thing for the guy trying to sell them. Hopefully whatever was done will correct the issues some are having.
Wow that local dealer is kinda outta the loop. If that dealer can order parts he has full access to all the changes................he can order parts right?

The quality of the oil and the increase in manufacturing tolerances and engine designs are key, however phase separation in fuel regardless of octane does make a difference.

Latest posts

Back