576 xp arrival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at my Husky dealer this morning and put an order in for a new 346XP and a 395XP, he will get me prices from his distributer first before the deal is done. But in a few weeks I will have my 2 new Huskys. My wife does my books and my tree service doesn't start up for another month, so I figure sometime in April I will turn in the saw's invoices. "Look dear what I forgot to give you." To ease the pain I may immediately have to sell the 026,066 and 044.:)

Sounds like the way to go......:agree2::cheers::cheers:

Why sell the best saws in your fleet?

My old 026,044,066 mag probably are the best in my fleet. But I need a change and the 346 and 395 sure would be a nice change . From all the rep on this site I don't think I'll go wrong . My 044 is 20 yrs old with 3 rebuilds if I have my 372 that long then I will say I did ok., but 20 more years with a better AV and air injection sounds like a better idea. I'll be 71 yrs old then and hope to keep cutting into my 80s.
:cheers:

My old 026,044,066 mag probably are the best in my fleet. But I need a change and the 346 and 395 sure would be a nice change . From all the rep on this site I don't think I'll go wrong . My 044 is 20 yrs old with 3 rebuilds if I have my 372 that long then I will say I did ok., but 20 more years with a better AV and air injection sounds like a better idea. I'll be 71 yrs old then and hope to keep cutting into my 80s.

How about you port those saws and have some fun.:cheers::cheers:

I would have to agree although I'm not trading none of mine. That 346 is a screamer for sure and that 395 should do anything your 066 could. Ever consider a ported 390? More power than the 385 but not all the weight of the 395....

How about you port those saws and have some fun.:cheers::cheers:

I have ported and done different mods over the years but seeing my 026,044 and 066 mag dualport are the first year ones they are already strong out of the box. I pay strict attention to my chain filing and that is where I get my performance gains. My Husky 372 is plenty strong enough for me out of the box, and what I hear of the 346XP and 395XP they are the same also. It used to be I would only mod a saw when I competed in a chainsaw speed cutting contest. Thats what my 064 is for but I keep it in my work fleet for those tree removal jobs where I need full blast of power which only come around once in a blue moon. My 064 has major cylinder mods, full circle crankshaft and a 084 carb feeding it. :)

I would have to agree although I'm not trading none of mine. That 346 is a screamer for sure and that 395 should do anything your 066 could. Ever consider a ported 390? More power than the 385 but not all the weight of the 395....

A ported 390 versus a 395, yeah that is a tough question. It took me months to figure that one out. But I have come to the conclussion that my 395 will be fitted with a 32" b/c and weight is not a big issue because the saw will be used only for heavy bucking. And with the 395's heavier design and larger oil/gas tanks it will do the job better then the lighter 390.

Latest posts

Back